The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blissfully
i'm on the same boat can someone answer this? - do i need a DofE certificate?

I gave them a copy of mine, they didn't say anything so I assume they accepted it as a document. I would take it if I was you! :smile:
Original post by Saywhatyoumean

Ikr.....bring on the paperwork :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 1722
Can anyone tell me how their interview went and how important is the personal statement aspect of it?
Reply 1723
What are your opinions on whats good about the university
im so baffled ! what do we actually have to bring to the interview

and for experience does NCS count?
Original post by Mallory
im so baffled ! what do we actually have to bring to the interview

and for experience does NCS count?

I took with me my: gcse results, AS results, DofE certificate, NCS certificate, all the work exp references and finally the documents we have to fill out.

Nothing else (and of course organised into two envelopes in the way they require it as mentioned in one of the booklets they sent in the interview email).

:smile:
Original post by Medboy100
I took with me my: gcse results, AS results, DofE certificate, NCS certificate, all the work exp references and finally the documents we have to fill out.

Nothing else (and of course organised into two envelopes in the way they require it as mentioned in one of the booklets they sent in the interview email).

oh ok thank you so much!
by the way , if you dont have your references on time or with you , do they mind?
Original post by Medboy100

How many copies of the certificates and references did u take??
Original post by beansontoast92

You just need one copy of everything and the original, separated into the appropriate envelopes.
Original post by jojoefghi
You just need one copy of everything and the original, separated into the appropriate envelopes.

alrighht thanks!!

the original and one photocopy :smile:
Do you think it will matter if I don't have my d of e certificate?
Original post by ac05
Can you pm me as well??:smile:

PM it to me as well please

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone thats completed A-levels.....did you have to take certified copies of the A-level certificates or just the normal ones??
Reply 1734
anyone thats completed A-levels.....did you have to take certified copies of the A-level certificates or just the normal ones??

Normal
are there any decent close by hotels that you guys could recommend?
Thinking of applying for the GEP at St George's for either 2016 or 2017 entry.

Is it true they interview everyone that satisfies the minimum entry requirements including GAMSAT scores? If so does that mean the overall acceptance rate is incredibly small?

What sort of work experience will they be looking for? I did voluntary work at a local hospice for more than ten years before moving away for postgraduate study.

I'm a mature student so would I be considered "too old" to obtain work experience at a local hospital etc? A family friend of mine is a GP and my own GP has kindly agreed to let me shadow him once I return to the UK. I'm currently based in the US. Would any sort of voluntary work here be considered relevant?

How long should I spend studying for the GAMSAT?

Really keen on St George's given its history and location. Rugby team isn't too bad either.
Reply 1737
Interview next Thursday, any advice?
Reply 1738
Is st georges pbl, lectures or a combination of both
Original post by Jazzy Foot
Thinking of applying for the GEP at St George's for either 2016 or 2017 entry.

Is it true they interview everyone that satisfies the minimum entry requirements including GAMSAT scores? If so does that mean the overall acceptance rate is incredibly small?

What sort of work experience will they be looking for? I did voluntary work at a local hospice for more than ten years before moving away for postgraduate study.

I'm a mature student so would I be considered "too old" to obtain work experience at a local hospital etc? A family friend of mine is a GP and my own GP has kindly agreed to let me shadow him once I return to the UK. I'm currently based in the US. Would any sort of voluntary work here be considered relevant?

How long should I spend studying for the GAMSAT?

Really keen on St George's given its history and location. Rugby team isn't too bad either.

I know for undergrad they interview everyone who meets the minimum, it might be the same for post grad. I don't think you will be considered too old, your age should not be a problem - just speak to your local hospital for work experience. I think any work experience in a caring environment is good - have you considered care homes?
Your voluntary work in the US will be relevant, as because it will be different to things people have done here, it should be good to talk about at your interview.
Hope this is helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending