The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Do we get to choose colleges?

I have an interest in being in Alcuin or Derwent but have no idea of if we can choose or if it's just randomly allocated by the system.

P.S. Going to do Chemistry, so you can probably see why I want those two :P
Reply 1
Once you get your login details, you can login and choose which college you want and then the type of accommodation (ie. how much you want to pay).

It all depends on what's left, though!
University of York
York
Reply 2
Original post by mwnciau
Once you get your login details, you can login and choose which college you want and then the type of accommodation (ie. how much you want to pay).

It all depends on what's left, though!

Arrrrrgh, e:vision is stopping me from actually getting in till 2pm tomorrow D: I really hope I've not missed out

UCAS said I got accepted and I got the email from York saying I got accepted as well - is this normal?
Original post by ArgieBargy
Arrrrrgh, e:vision is stopping me from actually getting in till 2pm tomorrow D: I really hope I've not missed out

UCAS said I got accepted and I got the email from York saying I got accepted as well - is this normal?

You should receive an email detailing on what you need to do before we're able to apply for accommodation. Check you inbox/spam for that, as it's rather important. I got mine this morning.

Then on Monday we'll be sent an email at a random time giving us a link to apply for accommodation/college. Think we need to put down a £260 deposit too.
Reply 4
Original post by andyt8765
Think we need to put down a £260 deposit too.

Yeah i sorted mine today as medical reasons meant i got to apply early and I can confirm you need to set up a way to pay the £260, but i believe this method can later be changed and the £260 is added to your first term's rent, it doesn't need to be available when you apply for/accept the offer of your accommodation :smile:
Original post by MrShields
Yeah i sorted mine today as medical reasons meant i got to apply early and I can confirm you need to set up a way to pay the £260, but i believe this method can later be changed and the £260 is added to your first term's rent, it doesn't need to be available when you apply for/accept the offer of your accommodation :smile:

Oh great that's good to know, was a little worried about having to shell out £260 before my student loan comes in :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending