The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmmaMacklin
Hello everyone :smile:
I got my offer for Criminology today - asked for ABB but I got A*A*B.
Im also a bit worried, i haven't heard anything about my accommodation either - i do hope i'm not the only one stressing :colondollar:. Anyways, i hope everybody got what they wanted. you all worked hard and deserve it <3

I think most of us havent heard about our accomodation yet. Im trying to forget about it.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by johnh545
I think most of us havent heard about our accomodation yet. Im trying to forget about it.

Oh that's somewhat good. I get some kind of relief :u:, what are your three choices?
I might have to ring them tomorrow. We need to register online, but i cant find the option

I think i read that registration starts on the 1st of september
Anyone know when the timetable is released and where I can see it (specifically for law)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by canada87
Anyone know when the timetable is released and where I can see it (specifically for law)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends entirely on the department. I don't know about Law but my school didn't release a timetable until Welcome Week last year.
Oh that's somewhat good. I get some kind of relief :u:, what are your three choices?

1. Denmark road
2. Opal Gardens
3. Victoria hall.

Really hoping for denmark road.
Do people try and make friends through fresher's/hall pages on Facebook or just wait till they get there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Citipati
Got my place this morning- A*AB for MSci Earth Sciences.
I did not receive any email or link regarding registration- maybe it is because of me living at home. Not sure.

I haven't received an email yet either and I'm not living at home :/
Original post by BP_Tranquility
Do people try and make friends through fresher's/hall pages on Facebook or just wait till they get there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

theres a few FB pages on at the moment :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528931703885381/ being one of them :redface:
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
It depends entirely on the department. I don't know about Law but my school didn't release a timetable until Welcome Week last year.

Do you remember how long you waited to find out what accommodation you got?
Is it likely that ill get one of my 3 preferences?
Original post by BP_Tranquility

Posted from TSR Mobile

theres a few FB pages on at the moment :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528931703885381/ being one of them :redface:

Bear in mind that Manchester doesn't have an official Facebook freshers group. Most of them (including that one) have been set up by promoters aiming to make money off of students.

Do you remember how long you waited to find out what accommodation you got?
Is it likely that ill get one of my 3 preferences?

I didn't apply for accommodation in my first year. The likelihood of getting one of your choices depends on which halls you applied to and when. The accommodation office says that 80% of people get one of their choices but I don't know how reliable that figure is.
Any Law peeps? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got in for Physics :u:
Original post by 345423KNL
Any Law peeps? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing Law. See you in September
Original post by Terry Tibbs
I got in for Physics :u:

saaaaaaaame :biggrin: see you in lectures
is there a freshers thread for manchester yet? or are we still using this one :-)
Original post by rachelc142
is there a freshers thread for manchester yet? or are we still using this one :-)

There's this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58429293&highlight=manchester%20freshers but nobody seems to be using it, see you in lectures anyway :biggrin: What grades did you get?
Original post by rachelc142

omg rachel! i remember you from another thread i think - did you take english or sociology? im so glad you got in!!! <3
Hey guys my place at Manchester was confirmed yesterday through clearing however i haven't received any confirmation emails or any information about choosing accommodation, registering etc. Is anyone else in the same situation?
Original post by 19danny97
Hey guys my place at Manchester was confirmed yesterday through clearing however i haven't received any confirmation emails or any information about choosing accommodation, registering etc. Is anyone else in the same situation?

You won't necessarily get any emails immediately, some departments wait until closer to September before sending out information.

You can apply for accommodation here, you just need your university ID number. I'd advise reading through the Accommodation FAQ beforehand as it will help you choose which halls to apply to.

Registration doesn't open until September so you don't need to worry about that yet. You do, however, need to confirm your attendance, which requires you to activate your IT account if you haven't done so already.

Latest

Trending

Trending