The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newguy101
international student, that alone would give you a good advantage because you = ÂŁÂŁÂŁ

Hmm, I see. But regarding my IB anticipated results, do you think I have any possibilities?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Coffeetime
Not necessarily. I'm international and I got three rejections before my Manchester offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What univesities rejected you? And on the basis of what grades did you receive the offer from Manchester?
Original post by sergiomario
What univesities rejected you? And on the basis of what grades did you receive the offer from Manchester?

Nottingham, Reading and Leeds. Manchester requested all of my transcripts (high school and community college) and made the offer based on that.
Nottingham, Reading and Leeds. Manchester requested all of my transcripts (high school and community college) and made the offer based on that.

Well, Manchester is still great. I really want to get an offer from them. Do you roughly know what is their standard IB offer?
Well, Manchester is still great. I really want to get an offer from them. Do you roughly know what is their standard IB offer?

I agree that it's great! I am so excited to have an offer. What course are you going to do?
I agree that it's great! I am so excited to have an offer. What course are you going to do?

I have applied for Management. Their entry requirements for that course are of 35 IB points, with no lower than 5 in maths. I have predicted IB grades of 37.

For what course have you received an offer?
I have applied for Management. Their entry requirements for that course are of 35 IB points, with no lower than 5 in maths. I have predicted IB grades of 37.

For what course have you received an offer?

I would say you have a good chance of an offer! My course is Ancient History!
I would say you have a good chance of an offer! My course is Ancient History!

That's interesting! Well, I hope I'll receive an answer soon. Congratulations and thank you!
That's interesting! Well, I hope I'll receive an answer soon. Congratulations and thank you!

I'm sure you will! Good luck!
Yessss! Are you waiting to hear back from any other universities?

I've heard back from my others! Offers from Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Reading & Swansea :smile:
Original post by taaaaahira
I've heard back from my others! Offers from Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool, Reading & Swansea :smile:

Lucky! I'm still waiting on Warwick (for Classical Civilisation). But I'm 99% sure I'll firm Manchester regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lucky! I'm still waiting on Warwick (for Classical Civilisation). But I'm 99% sure I'll firm Manchester regardless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still not sure between Bham & Manchester. I prefer Bham's course but I just don't want to leave home :frown: too attached to Manchester haha
I'm still not sure between Bham & Manchester. I prefer Bham's course but I just don't want to leave home :frown: too attached to Manchester haha

I didn't apply to Birmingham. The course didn't really interest me that much. I regretted not applying to Liverpool...until I got the Manchester offer. So you're from Manchester?
Reply 973
Ive recieved an invitiation for a Scholarship Interview in January for my course, does this mean im most likely going to be offered a place?
I have an offer for engineering with foundation year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I didn't apply to Birmingham. The course didn't really interest me that much. I regretted not applying to Liverpool...until I got the Manchester offer. So you're from Manchester?

Birmingham's course is amazing! Almost every unit appeals to me, mainly because I studied/studying it at sixth form. And indeed I am.
Birmingham's course is amazing! Almost every unit appeals to me, mainly because I studied/studying it at sixth form. And indeed I am.

Well you have plenty of time to decide. I'm really excited to move to Manchester, even though I've never been.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer a few weeks ago (conditional) to study international business management. I'm waiting to see if I can get to an offer holder's day before I make any decisions! Got offers from Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle and Teesside just waiting on Edinburgh to reply now!
Well you have plenty of time to decide. I'm really excited to move to Manchester, even though I've never been.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the least biased way, Manchester is a great city! Depends where you are though. It's also one of the top cities in the UK for international students which is cool! Where are you from?
In the least biased way, Manchester is a great city! Depends where you are though. It's also one of the top cities in the UK for international students which is cool! Where are you from?

It sounds amazing. It seems to have everything I could want and then some. I didn't know about it being a top city for international students. That's good! I'm from the United States.

Posted from TSR Mobile