The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

I'm not living on campus, but I'm just having a look at the accomodation website. It asks for a university ID number. I haven't received that yet.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by rachelc142
omg me too XD ooh nice!

Is manchester your firm choice?
Original post by Coffeetime
I'm not living on campus, but I'm just having a look at the accomodation website. It asks for a university ID number. I haven't received that yet.

You have to make one - sign up as a new student and you get given one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

its on some of the emails from them, i know its definitely on the acknowledgement email you get when you apply?
Original post by Meli.Hardege
Mines come up with 2015/16 today :biggrin: Richmond Park and Sheavyn House are my top two cant decide which to put first and then Oak house ... I really want to be self catered in fallowfields hah :smile: you? :smile:

I don't know which accommodation to choose! I want an ensuite and self catered too. I am considering Richmond Park, but it doesn't look that great from pics that i have seen. I do like the look of Denmark Road accomodation! However, it seems that people have said better things about Fallowfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! How do I do that...? Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is applications for accomodation open for 2015/16 entry now?
Original post by Teeahz
I don't know which accommodation to choose! I want an ensuite and self catered too. I am considering Richmond Park, but it doesn't look that great from pics that i have seen. I do like the look of Denmark Road accomodation! However, it seems that people have said better things about Fallowfield

Yeh i think im putting Sheavyn as my top because it does look really nice and its about the same cost as richmond :smile: i like the look of some of the campus/victoria park campus but i've been told by so many people how much better fallowfields is and i am very much the kind of person who wants to go out and i dont want to be out of the way of all events and parties and nights out etc. theres only two self catered ensuite in fallowfields though :frown:
Reply 1048
Guys I donno what to do, i have around a 33-34 predicted in IB, my Aerospace Engineering requires a 35. Applied Both Foundation year and BEng, out of fear. been my dream to join manchester as i have a house there and family etc. I think it was a bad choice, do u think it will negatively affect me? Btw im an international students with UK citizenship
Original post by OmarZ
Guys I donno what to do, i have around a 33-34 predicted in IB, my Aerospace Engineering requires a 35. Applied Both Foundation year and BEng, out of fear. been my dream to join manchester as i have a house there and family etc. I think it was a bad choice, do u think it will negatively affect me? Btw im an international students with UK citizenship

The personal statement and references are also taken into consideration, not as much as grades though. I don't necessarily think it's a bad choice because they could give you a conditional offer. I am not very familiar with their procedures regarding international students and whether they will take into consideration your citizenship. Also, applying for a foundation year usually makes universities lenient, but that's just info I gathered by reading things on TSR. I am an IB student too and I've based some of my choices on bonus points, which hopefully will not turn out to be a mistake. Good luck to you and I hope you get into Manchester! :smile:
Reply 1050
Original post by Schrode
The personal statement and references are also taken into consideration, not as much as grades though. I don't necessarily think it's a bad choice because they could give you a conditional offer. I am not very familiar with their procedures regarding international students and whether they will take into consideration your citizenship. Also, applying for a foundation year usually makes universities lenient, but that's just info I gathered by reading things on TSR. I am an IB student too and I've based some of my choices on bonus points, which hopefully will not turn out to be a mistake. Good luck to you and I hope you get into Manchester! :smile:

Thanks man, its just my school lowers my IB score cuz they know if i dont get my predicted i wouldnt get in, so they lower them a lot so they make sure i'll get my predicted /:
Got an offer for Politics and International Relations! Probably going to be my firm so just got to get the grades now
Sent off my application for accommodation :smile: applied for Richmond and Sheavyn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OmarZ
Thanks man, its just my school lowers my IB score cuz they know if i dont get my predicted i wouldnt get in, so they lower them a lot so they make sure i'll get my predicted /:

I understand you perfectly and I know how frustrating it can be. I'm really nervous about Manchester as well, as I did not meet one HL requirement so I am checking my email and track literally every 10 minutes :redface:
Thanks! How do I do that...? Haha.

I can't exactly remember - when I get home I will find a link for you :smile:

Original post by Teeahz
Is applications for accomodation open for 2015/16 entry now?

I think so! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Sent off my application for accommodation :smile: applied for Richmond and Sheavyn :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you apply for accommodation? I'm struggling :s-smilie: I don't know where/how to get the university ID number?
Reply 1056
Original post by Schrode
I understand you perfectly and I know how frustrating it can be. I'm really nervous about Manchester as well, as I did not meet one HL requirement so I am checking my email and track literally every 10 minutes :redface:

What are ur courses and grades, what unis as well. :smile:
Original post by bronwencerimarsh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do we only choose 2 preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OmarZ
What are ur courses and grades, what unis as well. :smile:

Math HL - 6
Physics HL - 5
Film HL - 6
Geography SL - 5
English L&L SL - 6
Spanish AB - 7
TOK - B
EE - A

Very frustrated about geography and film as those could have been a 6, respectively a 7, but the reasons for which they aren't are just silly.

I applied to

Manchester
Bristol
Edinburgh
Liverpool
Bath

How about you? :smile:
Original post by Teeahz
Do we only choose 2 preferences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No we get three, but my third is Victoria hall, hoping for either of the Fallowfield ones

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending