Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

URGENT: Bank Transfer To The Wrong Name? watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently complained about poor customer service somewhere, and I got a call from the Customer Services department of that company earlier today agreeing to refund me the money.

However, when they called the reception was awful - I told them the correct sort code/account number, but I'm not sure if they heard the name on my card correctly or not, and I also had to repeat my sort code about 3 times. The lady on the other end was also clearly very keen to hurry up the conversation! She said she'd transfer through the money, but it's been a few hours and I haven't received any money yet. I could also really do with the extra cash, TBH.

Would it be too pushy to email her the correct account number/sort code/name to be on the safe side? Or should I just wait and see?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Some transfers can take a couple of days. Be patient.

ReputationRep:
    Usually a refund will take a few days as opposed to a few hours. Just wait and see imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Some transfers can take a couple of days. Be patient.
    Yeah, I've had transfers take a few days' time before. Though it's not for a terribly large amount so I'd have thought it would occur pretty quickly.

Do you reckon it would come across as too pushy/backfire if I emailed her the correct details (politely), though? The reception was absolutely awful (I was indoors when she called) and I'm not convinced she got the correct sort code. She also wanted the name on my card (which is quite hard to spell). Usually, people tend to repeat important details on the phone before hanging up but she just seemed like she wanted to end the conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swirll)
    Yeah, I've had transfers take a few days' time before. Though it's not for a terribly large amount so I'd have thought it would occur pretty quickly.

Do you reckon it would come across as too pushy/backfire if I emailed her the correct details (politely), though? The reception was absolutely awful (I was indoors when she called) and I'm not convinced she got the correct sort code. She also wanted the name on my card (which is quite hard to spell). Usually, people tend to repeat important details on the phone before hanging up but she just seemed like she wanted to end the conversation.
    Unless the amounts are huge (like £10,000+) it wont make any difference to transfer times.

Theres no harm in emailing to confirm the details though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Unless the amounts are huge (like £10,000+) it wont make any difference to transfer times.

Theres no harm in emailing to confirm the details though.
    Oh, so even if it's under £1000 it could still take a couple of days to go through?

OK, I'll email, thanks Hopefully she won't have sent it through yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swirll)
    Oh, so even if it's under £1000 it could still take a couple of days to go through?
    Correct. Unless you've paid for a CHAPS transfer.

ReputationRep:
    I've transferred a couple of thousands between my account and dads account and it takes less than 2 hours..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bittr n swt)
    I've transferred a couple of thousands between my account and dads account and it takes less than 2 hours..
    Yeah, transferred thousands between accounts before and it's been < 2 hours every time. She only called at about half-one though.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.