Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,

So I am seeing a guy, we have been together for about 5 months we are both 20. When we first got together he cheated on me by having a one night stand with some girl but I forgave him (well I thought I did) and we decided to move on from it.

The issue I have is that in an argument or if he annoys me I ALWAYS bring it up, it's as if I can't help it! I get so angry that it just comes out.

When I am angry with him or we are in an argument, I feel like I don't trust him, I don't like him, I feel like he's a cheat, I feel resentment towards him etc etc and then when we stop arguing I don't feel any of that, it's like my frustration clouds my true feelings for him.

I just want to move past it before it ruins it. But I can't seem to let it go.

I think when he cheated on me early in the relationship I didn't really express how much it actually hurt me because I didn't want to seem like I was too into him if that makes sense? or I didn't feel like my feelings around it were valid because it was so early on in the relationship, and it's like now I have to suppress it because I've said I forgive him.

I don't know what to do about it! help me, please! it's making me bitter!

ReputationRep:
    For him to hurt you very early in the relationship just shows he has commitment issues. If that was me I'd think he'll do it again and would definitely leave. It really depends how you feel about him, whether you think he will or not do it again.
    You deserve better than that, if he cared about you that much he wouldn't have disrespected you like that.
    I know how you feel, we've all been hurt but trust me when I say it'll get worse because you're angry and it will never go away no matter how many times he says sorry, no matter how many times he tells you he won't do it again. I don't blame you for not trusting him. If he can have a one night stand it just shows he has no respect or morals.
    I'm sorry he's hurt you like this hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.