Deadric
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I feel bad for making so many threads

Does anybody know the deadline for clearing applications? I've got a vocal acceptance, I'm just waiting to be released from an offer, also how long does releasing take?
BillyHH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Deadric)
I feel bad for making so many threads

Does anybody know the deadline for clearing applications? I've got a vocal acceptance, I'm just waiting to be released from an offer, also how long does releasing take?
I need to know the deadlines too! Im in the same position, im awaiting a release from my insurance uni so I can get into the uni I got a verbal offer for (from clearing). Anyway, i called my insurance uni today and they said it could day a day or two for me to be released. You should ring/email the university you have a verbal offer with just to inform them of the slight delay
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Normally, the university you have the offer from will give you a deadline. If they haven't done so, do contact them and confirm how long they will hold your place for.

Being released takes longer at this time than usual as universities are so busy. Expect it to take at least 24 hours to be fully processed, and accept it could take even longer.
Graduate_Naomi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The actual end of clearing isn't for weeks, but it depends on how long the university gave you to respond to their offer (usually 24 or 48 hours). If you are still waiting to be released, call them within the deadline to ask for an extension. As they know you are still keen it should be fine.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The Uni offering a Clearing place will usually give you an exact deadline for any identified place by which time you have to have entered it as a Clearing choice on Track or the offer lapses.

Getting released from an Insurance can vary, depending on how efficient the Uni is. Understandably, you won't be their priority - they are far more interested in applicants who do actually want to study at their Uni. Its usually a matter of a day or so but some Unis will mess you about for over a week. All you can do is keep checking Track and re-phoning both Unis if necessary.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Releasing takes as long as it takes. There isn't a deadline and it isn't a priority - so can take up to two weeks.

You need to check that the uni you want to apply to is happy to hold a place for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.83%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.01%
Not great so far... (281)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.36%

Watched Threads