Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've just got my AS results and now I'm trying to chose a university course. I really like the look of Food Science especially at Reading, Surrey, Nottingham and perhaps Leeds. I'm concerned that whilst I've taken chemistry, physics and maths, I haven't taken biology and I was wondering whether any students already doing the degree at any of those unis could tell me how much biology is involved and whether I would be at a disadvantage having not taken it at A Level!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study Food Science at Surrey! this course is not very popular, it's hard to find people who are also going to study Food science
    the Uni required 6in Biology HL(I was doing the IB) and did not require chemistry at all so I think that Biology might be important...

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Im a Bsc Biology student. I would have thought a food sciences degree would have a human biology content, more specifically digestion and nutrition, and also some microbiology elements would most definitely be included. If you look for the entry requirements tab on each course page on the different university websites there will be info of what you need to gain a place. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Not needed but it's preferred . They would want chemistry more

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.