The Student Room Group
you need to ask the university to release you.
Reply 2
You can only apply once each year, so presuming you're now taking a gap year and applying for 2007 entry, it's fine to just reapply. You'll need to tell your university you're not going though.

If you want to go through Clearing and do a different course for entry this september, you'll need to persuade your current universities to release you.
Reply 3
Its ok - I dont have a current univeristy.

My question arose when I was going to sign up for applying for ucas again, but I wasn't sure if I needed to use the same password and username and stuff, or just get another one.

Thanks
Reply 4
Hey, im in the same position. I was led to believe that when the university entry for 2006 closed on 20th September, your application was automatically closed, and so you can apply for 2007. About your username and password, i'd suspect that you have to create a new one when you register.
Reply 5
I spoke to a UCAS person yesterday regarding this whole process and she kindly withdrew my applciation (so I cannot enter university in 2006 even if I wanted to) and I started a fresh application with a new applciation number, user name and password etc.

It was all easy to do BUT you must inform the student loan company (SLC) (if you have anything outstanding with them) of your decision to withdraw, UCAS will then send you a letter saying that you have withdrawn which must then be forwarded onto the SLC - this must be the original and not a photocopy.

However, what I am not sure of is if I need (or have an obligation) to declare my old application number on my new UCAS form. Will this affect my application? Thanks :smile:
Reply 6
Ovid
I spoke to a UCAS person yesterday regarding this whole process and she kindly withdrew my applciation (so I cannot enter university in 2006 even if I wanted to) and I started a fresh application with a new applciation number, user name and password etc.

It was all easy to do BUT you must inform the student loan company (SLC) (if you have anything outstanding with them) of your decision to withdraw, UCAS will then send you a letter saying that you have withdrawn which must then be forwarded onto the SLC - this must be the original and not a photocopy.

However, what I am not sure of is if I need (or have an obligation) to declare my old application number on my new UCAS form. Will this affect my application? Thanks :smile:

You're legally required to declare your old app number.

Whether it affects your app really varies from uni to uni I suppose... there's no blanket policy.

Latest

Trending

Trending