Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

For nights out etc? and how much is it?

Also, hows the sport/social aspect of the school? I'm a little bit conscious that York is going to be filled with not necessarily unsociable people but those who don't go on nights out and aren't up for a good laugh etc.

I'm coming on the Accounting, Business Finance and Management course!

People rarely go to Leeds for nights out - it's about half an hour's drive away. I've seen it happen once the three years I've been here where a group organised a bus there and back; although, to be fair I haven't really paid much attention to the events since my first term.

But, there are loads of people who go out in York and plenty of clubs, bars and pubs - I wouldn't worry about that at all. There are also lots of sports and social societies - and an annual sports tournament with Lancaster which is a pretty big thing. Inter-college sports is pretty big, too.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.