Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I got my offer for doing Education Studies with Psychology and counselling this year at Sheffield Hallam University
    i was hoping i could find someone who was doing the same??

ReputationRep:
    Heey so am I! Do you have your accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'm a second year education with psychology and counselling student at Hallam. If you've got any questions I'll be happy to try and help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe432)
    Heey so am I! Do you have your accommodation yet?

omg yes someone doing the same course as me! *don't scare them away*
    hi :3 erm no i dont know if i doing accommodation, I'm properly going to be commuting because i dont live too far away..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca90)
    Hi!

I'm a second year education with psychology and counselling student at Hallam. If you've got any questions I'll be happy to try and help

Thank you ^^ how did you find your first year? Do you have any tips before starting the course?

ReputationRep:
    Aw really that's ok then and I know im excited haha!

ReputationRep:
    Aw really that's ok then and I know im excited haha!
    same here! Did you get your welcome pack in the post yet?

ReputationRep:
    Yeaaaa I thought it started on the 17th too so that's good that I got it haha have you done your crb yet?

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's nice to know you have extra time to prepare,
    no >.<
    i think i need to register on the link they provided in the book https://blogs.shu.ac.uk/teachereducation/
    (still need to do this)
    i had one before so i kinda have an idea what to do..i think xD

ReputationRep:
    Yea I did mine yesterday I used the link from the booklet but I have to go to sheffield on Tuesday to show them my passport and stuff and I know wooo

ReputationRep:
    Yea I did mine yesterday I used the link from the booklet but I have to go to sheffield on Tuesday to show them my passport and stuff and I know wooo
    woohoo! hope it's all gets sorted for you on tuesday zoe
    i'm gonna go do the online form now so i can get it sorted myself
    I guess ill see you at the enrollment then?

ReputationRep:
    Yea do it! and aws thanks haha but yea I will see you on enrolment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzibee100)
    Thank you ^^ how did you find your first year? Do you have any tips before starting the course?
    Hey! Personally, I loved my first year and I can't wait to start my second year. Be prepared for a lot of hard work though.

Firstly, don't be afraid to get to know everyone in your course group and get actively involved in seminars. I really enjoy our debates and discussions. Enjoy your first year but don't leave work til the last minute; start as soon as you can and make use of your tutors time if they ask to see drafts etc. It really helps!

I'd recommend buying the Bartlett education studies textbook that's a core text, it came in useful for me for the education policy essay in the first semester. Alternatively though they should have copies in Adsetts library.

Also make sure you attend all sessions on your induction; even though its freshers etc they are really important!

Hope this helps! Anything else just give us a shout.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm gonna be on this course too, so excited to start!

ReputationRep:
    aww hey have you applied for accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm in Victoria Hall 😁

ReputationRep:
    Awww really that's my second choice!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Charlotte Court too, currently panicking because I've been on holiday for a week and didn't know I only had seven days to get all of my documents printed and back to them! It's been 9 days and I can't ring them until Monday I might not have any accommodation at this rate!!

ReputationRep:
    Omggg no way! Bless ya hopefully it'll be ok if you tell them you've been on holiday! I'm still waiting to get my room

ReputationRep:
    same here good luck hope your able to get it sorted, i'm sure if you tell them you've been on holiday then you'ill get through to someone who can help you out

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.