The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Opinions???

Hi! I'd really love some opinions on my situation because I am honestly so stuck for what to do ):

Edge Hill was my first choice after serious deliberation - I liked both there and John Moores pretty equally. However, accommodation/the campus was the main pull for me at Edge Hill (although it's the same course, I much preferred the way it was presented at LJMU and after not enjoying a taster tutorial at EH, felt it would be better there) and I only applied for the newer Courts rooms because I really wanted somewhere that would be ensuite, modern, etc.

I got my place this morning and had an offer for a John Dalton room in the main halls which is nothing like what I'd wanted and has a shared bathroom. I inquired about how difficult this would be to change and know that it's practically impossible; the only way would be to put myself on a transfer list on Welcome Sunday or to swap with another student before then. Neither of these options seem highly likely as I've already seen others wanting to swap out of JD or main halls rooms in similar situations.

Since the new accommodation was the major draw for me to the university, I don't know whether I should just suck it up and take JD or to decline the offer and go into clearing for the course at John Moores, where I'd be living at home (so would probably have more money tbh) and my closest friend is actually taking one of the same subjects, but where I wouldn't get the benefit of moving out and living independently.

Sorry that this has been a little long-winded, but I honestly just don't know what to do and didn't want to come off sounding like a spoiled brat who didn't want to go to a uni because she couldn't have her own toilet omg. So, yes! Any thoughts would really be appreciated.
Original post by hlily
Hi! I'd really love some opinions on my situation because I am honestly so stuck for what to do ):

Edge Hill was my first choice after serious deliberation - I liked both there and John Moores pretty equally. However, accommodation/the campus was the main pull for me at Edge Hill (although it's the same course, I much preferred the way it was presented at LJMU and after not enjoying a taster tutorial at EH, felt it would be better there) and I only applied for the newer Courts rooms because I really wanted somewhere that would be ensuite, modern, etc.

I got my place this morning and had an offer for a John Dalton room in the main halls which is nothing like what I'd wanted and has a shared bathroom. I inquired about how difficult this would be to change and know that it's practically impossible; the only way would be to put myself on a transfer list on Welcome Sunday or to swap with another student before then. Neither of these options seem highly likely as I've already seen others wanting to swap out of JD or main halls rooms in similar situations.

Since the new accommodation was the major draw for me to the university, I don't know whether I should just suck it up and take JD or to decline the offer and go into clearing for the course at John Moores, where I'd be living at home (so would probably have more money tbh) and my closest friend is actually taking one of the same subjects, but where I wouldn't get the benefit of moving out and living independently.

Sorry that this has been a little long-winded, but I honestly just don't know what to do and didn't want to come off sounding like a spoiled brat who didn't want to go to a uni because she couldn't have her own toilet omg. So, yes! Any thoughts would really be appreciated.

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending