Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying to get in to Belfast Met in September?
    Or has anyone been there?- If so, how was it?
    I think it will be my best option to repeat an A-level after missing the B I needed in maths. I'm a bit nervous about it though as I haven't known anyone who has gone there. Thanks in advance
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Kathryn147)
    Is anyone applying to get in to Belfast Met in September?
    Or has anyone been there?- If so, how was it?
    I think it will be my best option to repeat an A-level after missing the B I needed in maths. I'm a bit nervous about it though as I haven't known anyone who has gone there. Thanks in advance
    Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just finished a 2 year Level 3 BTEC at Titanic Quarter! Most of my teachers were excellent, they really are. Possibly my favourite teacher ever taught me at Belfast Met as she was extremely helpful & motivating; staying behind to help me & others out on more than one occasion. You'll get people telling you that the teachers don't give a damn etc., which, for the most part, is complete nonsense. While you are expected to be more independent with your work than you would in school, they're still more than willing to help you in my experience. Although saying that, there was one teacher I had who didn't really give a damn, but the good ones by far out-weighed her.

While the teaching is good, there's nothing good to say about the admin. Classes get cancelled without any warning, there was a room double booked on a weekly occasion etc. This is where I think BMC really let themselves down and it doesn't help their image.

All in all, I think Belfast Met is a great place to learn. I really enjoyed my two years there and I do recommend it highly; although seeing as you're going to be in School of A Levels your experience may differ

Any other questions ask away!

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm going to the met in September too, but I don't know anyone going to it yet. What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharon.Laura)
    Hey I'm going to the met in September too, but I don't know anyone going to it yet. What course are you doing?
    Hey, I'm going to the met in September too! What course are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstttxxo)
    Hey, I'm going to the met in September too! What course are you doing?
    I'm doing event management, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the one year AS/A2 Fast track in maths and sociology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.