Will these AS grades get me an LSE law offer? Watch

itsmeemyla
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So for AS I got AABB for English lit, maths, chem and history. English was 100% UMS and chem was 2 marks from an A. I have been predicted A*AA for A2 (the A* is for English which is tricky, I know) and I'm dropping chem. Do you think, realistically, I will stand a chance in LSE law or should I not bother? I know most people get at least AAAB to get an LSE offer... any advice is appreciated. xx
ukulele
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's still definitely worth applying, even if you aren't sure. Especially if its somewhere you really want to go. most universities actually focus a lot more on your predicted A2 grades than your as grades, i got abcc in my AS exams last year and got offers from universities wanting a*aa.
If it was me I would definitely apply.
Congrats on your grades btw
bioelle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Apply nonetheless; you have 4 other options and you're encouraged to be aspirational with 1 of your 5 options, but definitely play safe with the other 4.
harrysbar
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by itsmeemyla)
So for AS I got AABB for English lit, maths, chem and history. English was 100% UMS and chem was 2 marks from an A. I have been predicted A*AA for A2 (the A* is for English which is tricky, I know) and I'm dropping chem. Do you think, realistically, I will stand a chance in LSE law or should I not bother? I know most people get at least AAAB to get an LSE offer... any advice is appreciated. xx
It's worth a try as an aspirational choice as long as you continue to be predicted A*AA, and believe that you can achieve those grades. The fact that the A*is in English Lit won't be a problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads