Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My best friend who hasn't spoken to me in a while told me that her mother has cancer. Her mum saw that she had a mole and went to get it checked out a few months ago which was cut out of her skin and she got the 'all clear'. The cancer must've come back. My friend also said that she's moved on from me because whenever she would find a time to tell me, I would back out. The occasions were prom which I didn't want to go to and backed out 2 weeks before, and my birthday which we were going to celebrate by going to the cinema and having a meal. We couldn't celebrate my birthday together because there were not many screenings left of this particular movie as it had been out a while. The time the movie was to show was awkward and it would mean my friend would miss her dance lesson. Another reason she might've said she'd moved on is because in September we both start sixth form and she was hoping to get into a grammar school for year 12 whilst I carry on at the school we just left for sixth form.I kept texting her to say hello and to see how she was throughout the weeks from the start of July (the last time I saw her) but she didn't respond until yesterday bearing in mind I texted her mum 2 days ago to ask how she was (stupid, I know). I regret ever texting her mum because I didn't know she was sick and I feel awful. If my friend had told me she had something to tell me in person, I'd have arranged to meet her. She also said during the text that she had always been there for me when I had troubles which is true. I feel bad saying this but I've been there for her too, I comforted her when her grandad passed, I got her a 1D book to make her feel better as she loves them. I texted her back saying I was sorry and that I didn't know but she didn't reply. I sent another one saying I would always love her as she is my best friend and I will stop texting because I thought that was what she wanted. I also apologised to her mum over texting her and I said that I hoped she 'd get better. We've been best friend's for 2 years now, we've had so much fun, so many funny and great memories. It honestly kills me inside, that she hates me. I don't even know if she's just lashing out because of her mum's diagnosis.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy)
    What exactly are you talking about?
    My best friend. How dare you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    My best friend. How dare you
    How dare I what?

Your jibbering OP makes absolutely no sense.

What is the issue here? Something about the cinema and not being friends anymore, with cancer thrown in there... What's the question?

ReputationRep:
    How dare I what? Your jibbering OP makes absolutely no sense.What is the issue here? Something about the cinema and not being friends anymore, with cancer thrown in there... What's the question?
    Does it not? Sorry, i thought you were a troll. Basically my best friend hates me because she couldn't tell me about her mum's cancer. When opportunities arose, I would cancel them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    Does it not? Sorry, i thought you were a troll. Basically my best friend hates me because she couldn't tell me about her mum's cancer. When opportunities arose, I would cancel them.
    Pretty stupid thing to hate you about. I assume you didn't know what she needed to tell you?

Well she's obviously very emotional and will be looking for support. She took you being unavailable as you not caring which is obviously not the case.

Maybe you could show that you care by going out of your way? Maybe just turn up at her house one day and she if she fancies doing something with you (like cinema) and pay for her to do it.

A nice gesture might straighten it all out.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty stupid thing to hate you about. I assume you didn't know what she needed to tell you?Well she's obviously very emotional and will be looking for support. She took you being unavailable as you not caring which is obviously not the case.Maybe you could show that you care by going out of your way? Maybe just turn up at her house one day and she if she fancies doing something with you (like cinema) and pay for her to do it.A nice gesture might straighten it all out.
    I offered for us to meet up and talk but she didn't reply to that. I think she may be experiencing the 5 stages of grief. I think shes at anger.I thought about a nice gesture, I ordered a DVD from amazon yesterday for her mum called The Secret. I've heard that it can heal people, get them into relationships, help in financial situations, it can do anything. But this morning, I cancelled the order because I thought it would make things worse. It sounds so crazy that idea. I ordered at the spur of the moment. I'll be looking out her her on the results day next week and I wanna try and talk to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.