The Student Room Group

AS results - can I still apply for my course ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Milalilsaustin
Oh gosh thank you so much!! It is quite reassuring now knowing that Oxford do not judge on AS scores. I did not realise they put so much emphasis on GCSE results though! (9a* 2a) but thanks again, and good luck on your application!

yay so happy you're reassured! i was soooo relieved when i got the email! but on the other hand i emailed the rest of my choices (durham, exeter, edinburgh, leeds) asking the same thing and they were all really supportive apart from durham! durham replied saying my AS's put me at a great disadvantage which really sucks! strange how a more prestigious uni (oxford) is less grades obsessed, but glad to see there's an emphasis on proving all round ability and passion etc
Original post by esmeserena
yay so happy you're reassured! i was soooo relieved when i got the email! but on the other hand i emailed the rest of my choices (durham, exeter, edinburgh, leeds) asking the same thing and they were all really supportive apart from durham! durham replied saying my AS's put me at a great disadvantage which really sucks! strange how a more prestigious uni (oxford) is less grades obsessed, but glad to see there's an emphasis on proving all round ability and passion etc

Ohhh hahaa I've emailed Durham too, because I had a sneaky feeling they'd be a big grade snobby. Have yet to hear back from them though will let ya know how it goes? Do they put more emphasis on AS grades then than predicted or personal statement?
Original post by Milalilsaustin
Ohhh hahaa I've emailed Durham too, because I had a sneaky feeling they'd be a big grade snobby. Have yet to hear back from them though will let ya know how it goes? Do they put more emphasis on AS grades then than predicted or personal statement?

great thanks! huuuge emphasis on personal statement, and its normally more about predicted grades but for the most competitive courses like history or english lit they have to take AS grades as seriously as predicted because of such high applicant standards!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending