Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My AS results yesterday have left me well and truly confused.

History - C
    Sociology - C
    Health and Social - C
    ICT - D

Was expecting to just about scrape a D in my Sociology exam after completely messing up my exam. I had then convinced myself that I was dropping the subject. I then ended up getting a U in my ICT exam which I had considered my strongest subject. Now I have no idea which subject to drop.

I want to apply to study Primary Education QTS at Huddersfield University but the entry requirements are AAB. It's left me really confused how these results will affect my uni applications and what my options are. Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    You can still apply.
    Remember your AS results are 50% of your overall A Levels. So you could still make AAB at A-Level with a CCC at AS, albeit you will have to work incredibly hard. With the right predicted grades and a good personal statement your application will be accepted. Good luck with pulling your grades up to the AAB. It certainly is possible!

ReputationRep:
    With grades like that, in those woeful subjects, I'm surprised you have the mental capacity to utilize a computer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorGenius)
    With grades like that, in those woeful subjects, I'm surprised you have the mental capacity to utilize a computer.
    Why do you even feel the need to comment if you have nothing constructive to say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiegriffindor)

History - C
    Sociology - C
    Health and Social - C
    ICT - D

Was expecting to just about scrape a D in my Sociology exam after completely messing up my exam. I had then convinced myself that I was dropping the subject. I then ended up getting a U in my ICT exam which I had considered my strongest subject. Now I have no idea which subject to drop.

I want to apply to study Primary Education QTS at Huddersfield University but the entry requirements are AAB. It's left me really confused how these results will affect my uni applications and what my options are. Any help would be appreciated.
    It's definitely possible to do it if you pull your socks up in A2 and work your hardest. Remember its the sum of all parts, so make sure the rest of your application (e.g. statement, references, predicted grades) are on point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperiorGenius)
    History is very respected. Okay maybe she won't get into Oxbridge but she doesn't intend on going to Oxbridge! I suggest you go away and learn some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiegriffindor)

History - C
    Sociology - C
    Health and Social - C
    ICT - D

You will have to work hard but I think that it is definitely possible. Also is there a possibility of retaking some of the units? I would advise you to speak to your individual teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _-_Ella_-_)
    You will have to work hard but I think that it is definitely possible. Also is there a possibility of retaking some of the units? I would advise you to speak to your individual teachers.
    Definitely going to look into the possibility of resiting the first Sociology Unit but unsure if our college allows us to do this without resiting the whole AS year

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.