Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bought tickets for the Bangor Freshers Ball?

I keep seeing advertisements for tickets on the Bangor Freshers Facebook page but I don't know if it's really necessary to buy them beforehand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJaneX)
    Has anyone bought tickets for the Bangor Freshers Ball?

I keep seeing advertisements for tickets on the Bangor Freshers Facebook page but I don't know if it's really necessary to buy them beforehand.
    I bought one! I'm not sure if it's necessary to buy one, but I thought I may aswell in advance!

ReputationRep:
    I've been at Bangor for two years, from my experience there is no point in buying these bands. You'll probably want to go out with your flat mates and they might have other ideas about where you all should go.

ReputationRep:
    Like Dan said, they're pretty pointless. I know in our department last year, the Peer Guides didn't bother with much of that and took people on other nights out. Then if we wanted to go to these events, we just went- they weren't exactly sold out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakeul200493)
    Like Dan said, they're pretty pointless. I know in our department last year, the Peer Guides didn't bother with much of that and took people on other nights out. Then if we wanted to go to these events, we just went- they weren't exactly sold out.
    Oops wish I'd have known this before I bought mine haha

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies! Very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielJLonsdale)
    I've been at Bangor for two years, from my experience there is no point in buying these bands. You'll probably want to go out with your flat mates and they might have other ideas about where you all should go.

(Original post by Jakeul200493)
    Jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing with these posters.

I'm a peerguide and can say my school has some nights out planned plus some activity nights which will break it all up. I spent a lot of freshers with my flatmates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    Jumping on the bandwagon and agreeing with these posters.

I'm a peerguide and can say my school has some nights out planned plus some activity nights which will break it all up. I spent a lot of freshers with my flatmates
    Oh wow, the activity nights do sound slightly more appealing than the nights out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyJaneX)
    Oh wow, the activity nights do sound slightly more appealing than the nights out!
    Last year there were foody things (don't really know how to describe), quizzes :cool: and going to the fun centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    Last year there were foody things (don't really know how to describe), quizzes :cool: and going to the fun centre.

Exciting stuff!!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.