Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I wonder if is someone here who will do Bsc or Msci in Mathematical sciences on QMUL (all combinations) . I will do Bsc Mathematics G100. Hi Are you scared about Uni? Are you excited ? Or you just don't know what to do ? I feel the same Write down who are you and what you will do
    MatureIsGood) G100 A level: Mathematics, German and Business
    Amina15 G100 A level: Maths, Biology and Chemistry
    Syeda123 G100 A level:
    Internet 001 F340 A level: Maths, Furthermaths, Physics and Computing
    Kamakazi619 GL11 A level: Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics.
    t.s.r. G1N1 international student
    ImjustMarky 2nd year of G100 A level:

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm a mixture of excited and scared but I guess I'll find out in a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdavjones)
    Hi! I'm a mixture of excited and scared but I guess I'll find out in a month
    Do we need to buy anything before fresher week?? I only found two other guys on TSR that will do mathematical sciences on QM so either it is a small group or either not many on TSR. When can we buy fresher week pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureIsGood:)))
    Do we need to buy anything before fresher week?? I only found two other guys on TSR that will do mathematical sciences on QM so either it is a small group or either not many on TSR. When can we buy fresher week pass?
    Hi, I do G100 Maths but am going into second year. I'd thought I'd say hi so you could ask questions You can buy freshers pass right now if you have a look on the student union website, there's no rush tho... you'll have ages to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    Can you count 'Theoretical Physics' as a Mathematical Science? I will be doing that and I can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImJustMarky)
    Hi, I do G100 Maths but am going into second year. I'd thought I'd say hi so you could ask questions You can buy freshers pass right now if you have a look on the student union website, there's no rush tho... you'll have ages to buy it.
    Of course I have questions, actually a lot . I know that City and Royal allow students to transfer on Msci after 1 year if you have more than 60%. Is it possible on QMUL? I have different route to higher education (a little thou-still A in A level Mathematics achieved) and couldn't apply straight away.
    Do I need to buy anything before going on Uni? I don't know what.
    I found that Mark Walters is a really nice guy, and with knowledge regard to his subject. Can you tell me more about teachers? Is there someone that we should, you know hmmm...
    Thank you for writing on this thread

(Original post by internet001)
    Can you count 'Theoretical Physics' as a Mathematical Science? I will be doing that and I can't wait!
    Of course it can but congrat. I tried Physics in this year, on As and I dropped the subject basically a few days before exam. 70% of my time during this year I spent on Physics, support classes, I even invested in a private teacher (student to have cheaper) and still I had Ds on both mocks, so I knew that I can't go on exam. For me Physics is like "kill me now" although I am good in Mathematics. Fast track A level Mathematics I passed on A. average 85UMS. So you must be really clever :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Hiyahh, I'm going to be doing (GL11) BSc Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Economics which technically is a joint degree with the school of Mathematical Sciences and the school of Economics and Finance, really scared because I don't know too much about Economics and excited to get there and have fun at freshers.

ReputationRep:
    I thought to combine Economics and Mathematics as well, but decided to go on straight degree. Have you done Economics on A level??

ReputationRep:
    I thought to combine Economics and Mathematics as well, but decided to go on straight degree. Have you done Economics on A level??
    Nope so I'm going in blindish done some reading on it, I did Maths, Further Maths and Physics for my Alevels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamakazi619)
    Nope so I'm going in blindish done some reading on it, I did Maths, Further Maths and Physics for my Alevels
    I wish you good luck as you seem pretty clever for me, but everyone who did A level Physics is.
    I did Business which is similar to Economics and Accounting, I have work experience as accounting technician and I must tell you that this parts are quite interesting if you like Statistics. Do you like Statistics? and do you like analyzing shifts on graphs relating to different aspects? because if you do you should be alright.

ReputationRep:
    I wish you good luck as you seem pretty clever for me, but everyone who did A level Physics is.
    I did Business which is similar to Economics and Accounting, I have work experience as accounting technician and I must tell you that this parts are quite interesting if you like Statistics. Do you like Statistics? and do you like analyzing shifts on graphs relating to different aspects? because if you do you should be alright.
    Thank you, that is awfully kind of you. Sound pretty cool, I had work experience in a bank, they didn't really let me do stuff, mostly sorting, filling and shadowing the staff. I love Statistics I did S3 for one of my further modules, I would have done S4 if I hadn't picked D1. Analysing graphs that effect the market and economy does seem quite interesting and thank you for the heads up .

ReputationRep:
    Of course I have questions, actually a lot . I know that City and Royal allow students to transfer on Msci after 1 year if you have more than 60%. Is it possible on QMUL? I have different route to higher education (a little thou-still A in A level Mathematics achieved) and couldn't apply straight away.
    Do I need to buy anything before going on Uni? I don't know what.
    I found that Mark Walters is a really nice guy, and with knowledge regard to his subject. Can you tell me more about teachers? Is there someone that we should, you know hmmm...
    Thank you for writing on this thread

:eek:
    Your welcome
    I answered your question on another thread... But for those on here, if you get 70%+ then you will get offered the MSci course (I duno about other degrees and mixed this is for mathematics bsc)

Well make sure you have stuff to write on like pen paper etc and a way to organise your notes. Can't really think of anything else... You'll have an induction before lectures so you'll be fine.

Erm I don't really know what you mean. But there's no one to really worry about. You'll have 8 lecturers and 8 tutorial tutors, so its a lot. But all of the lecturers are very smart and highly knowledgeable. Mark Walters module is a second year one.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your information now I will pray for SF be completed on time. It seems that I am the only one that still wait for any info

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for all your information now I will pray for SF be completed on time. It seems that I am the only one that still wait for any info
    Oh no. I still haven't completed the application process, i have had some residency issues (moved home lots).

ReputationRep:
    Oh no. I still haven't completed the application process, i have had some residency issues (moved home lots).
    I start t panick and think what to do if I will not get answer on time. Only I have no idea what then and when is the best time to inform uni about the possible delay

ReputationRep:
    Yaay finally found the QMUL maths thread...I'm doing G100 too! Kinda terrified, but trying to not let it get to me

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing G100. Nervous but excited too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syeda123)
    I am also doing G100. Nervous but excited too

(Original post by amina15)
    Yaay finally found the QMUL maths thread...I'm doing G100 too! Kinda terrified, but trying to not let it get to me
    (Original post by Kamakazi619)
    Hiyahh, I'm going to be doing (GL11) BSc Mathematics, Statistics and Financial Economics which technically is a joint degree with the school of Mathematical Sciences and the school of Economics and Finance, really scared because I don't know too much about Economics and excited to get there and have fun at freshers.
    OK I did a list on the beginning of the thread of people that will do BSc Mathematics or Mathematics and... Maybe someone will want to know what A levels are important to do Mathematics or maybe just for us. If you can tell me what A levels you did I can update the list. I am just counting days to first day of school. I don't remember when I was so excited to go to school. This year is crazy: First waiting for results: will I get the grades or no. Counting days to the day. Ok then I had to wait on student finance, so counting days to SF. I've got it Now counting days to Uni. Oh men!
    I am really excited about fresher week. I willn't go on every possible party, but I will definitely go on the boat party as I've never been on a boat before (except Ferry to France where you are locked on the Deck), I will go on Krispy Kreme party as I like doughnuts ) and I will go on trip to Markets as I love shopping. Sorry but I am a girl and I will always do ) What do you plan to do on fresher week??

ReputationRep:
    OK I did a list on the beginning of the thread of people that will do BSc Mathematics or Mathematics and... Maybe someone will want to know what A levels are important to do Mathematics or maybe just for us. If you can tell me what A levels you did I can update the list. I am just counting days to first day of school. I don't remember when I was so excited to go to school. This year is crazy: First waiting for results: will I get the grades or no. Counting days to the day. Ok then I had to wait on student finance, so counting days to SF. I've got it Now counting days to Uni. Oh men!
    I am really excited about fresher week. I willn't go on every possible party, but I will definitely go on the boat party as I've never been on a boat before (except Ferry to France where you are locked on the Deck), I will go on Krispy Kreme party as I like doughnuts ) and I will go on trip to Markets as I love shopping. Sorry but I am a girl and I will always do ) What do you plan to do on fresher week??
    My A-Level subjects were Maths, Biology and Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amina15)
    My A-Level subjects were Maths, Biology and Chemistry
    So sciences I tried Physics as well but dropped it just before exam. It wasn't the best shot, especially that electricity took half of the As program. I like science but not this kind, although I enjoyed waves and some bits of mechanics

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.