Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Futuremedic2096
Have you firmed because they don't send them off until you have done so
Also from my experience with DBS In the past they take ages

Ahh I see, no I havnt firmed just yet but I am going to very soon.
Thanks for the advice! Ill probably have to check again after I firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by kes1996
I was set on Imperial since I first visited it last year. Got offers from Kings and Leicester so accepted them (in that order) as it would have been a waste to turn then down to try for Imperial again when I was rejected post interview. Maybe it would have gone better had I not been last in and didn't have to wait 4 hours but we'll never know!

Hey, I got a rejection too on 18th March (I think?) and asked for feedback. They replied but just said they were sorry they couldn't offer me a place etc... but also said that if I had no offers then I could call between 3rd-5th August to see if there were any places. Did you get this too? Anyone know if they do this every year?
Are they not open? Cuz i am taking them tomorrow too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sarahfrost97
Are they not open? Cuz i am taking them tomorrow too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't think they're open - call first?
Original post by kayy_ox
Does anyone know when imperial open after easter holiday? Was going to take my exam certificates in tomorrow but wasn't sure if they are open. Also where is the Sherfield building? Is it the building opposite the SU?

I called this morning and they said they are open :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called this morning and they said they are open :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks I'm heading there now to drop off my certificates ^^
How comes people are handing in their certificates? Hav u all completed ur A levels/IB/whatever u do?
Original post by Master219
How comes people are handing in their certificates? Hav u all completed ur A levels/IB/whatever u do?

Nope but one of the conditions of the offer is to prove my AS grades of the AS' that i dropped last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed Imperial!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2229
Hi everybody! Did anyone apply to MSc Ultrasound at Imperial for 2015/16 and received a reply from them? My friend applied six months ago, and still hasn't heard anything! Any advice?
Nope but one of the conditions of the offer is to prove my AS grades of the AS' that i dropped last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think they asked me to do that... quite confused atm :s-smilie: cuz everyone seems to be doing it
I dont think they asked me to do that... quite confused atm :s-smilie: cuz everyone seems to be doing it

Did you drop any AS'? Cuz i dropped some and those were the ones that they wanted me to prove

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only place it's mentioned is on the UCAS offer letter on UCAS track- I don't think anything is said about it in the offer pack so it's easy to miss

Posted from TSR Mobile
The BMAT cut offs are out for this year : 4.3,4.4,2.3B

Probably one of the lowest cut offs ever. The BMAT was damn hard that means. Prospective applicants, don't think that this test is a walk through the park LOL
Did you drop any AS'? Cuz i dropped some and those were the ones that they wanted me to prove

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nup i didnt drop an AS, thats probs why, thanks :smile:

Original post by notthatquiet
The only place it's mentioned is on the UCAS offer letter on UCAS track- I don't think anything is said about it in the offer pack so it's easy to miss

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read the UCAS offer letter, only thing it said about grades was: "This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades AAAC in any order in Mathematics Physics Chemistry Biology Confirmation of the fulfilment of all conditions must be received by the College by 17th August 2015." Is there another part where it talks about sending certificates for the AS's?

But, as the person above mentioned, its probably cuz i didnt drop an AS. Thanks :smile:
Original post by firaskhan
The BMAT cut offs are out for this year : 4.3,4.4,2.3B

Probably one of the lowest cut offs ever. The BMAT was damn hard that means. Prospective applicants, don't think that this test is a walk through the park LOL

Oh wow where did you find this?

Edit: Ahh just seen this on the website. The cutoffs are getting lower and lower every year!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2236
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex
Oh wow where did you find this?

Edit: Ahh just seen this on the website. The cutoffs are getting lower and lower every year!

the 4.3 must be a mistake though.. it must be 4.4 as there is no 4.3 for this year gmat results.. same goes for the 2.3..
Original post by YvT1
the 4.3 must be a mistake though.. it must be 4.4 as there is no 4.3 for this year gmat results.. same goes for the 2.3..

I think they just took an average of scores people achieved and chucked that on their website or it could be a mistake (as u said). If they did the avgs they shouldv rounded (appropriately) so still put it down in terms of the actual bmat scales, a bit odd imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2238
I think they just took an average of scores people achieved and chucked that on their website or it could be a mistake (as u said). If they did the avgs they shouldv rounded (appropriately) so still put it down in terms of the actual bmat scales, a bit odd imo.

it is a bit odd.. either way it is lower than previous years.. it's weird how each year it decreases.. but i think they are making the papers harder..
Original post by YvT1
it is a bit odd.. either way it is lower than previous years.. it's weird how each year it decreases.. but i think they are making the papers harder..

Or people are getting dumber and dumber each yr lol, no offense. Yh papers must be getting harder or the scores that applicants apply with is getting lower each yr (most likely papers getting harder tho tbh).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending