The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Master219
From what I have seen, some people with low BMAT scores and got interviews have completed A levels (safer bet for unis imo) and done rlly well (I.e. In one case even 6 A levels getting multiple A*s and A's...) or got amazing GCSE's (over like 11 A*'s and many A's). Now this isn't always the case, but generally speaking. Also, once u get an interview, it's pretty much about ur interview performance with Imperial. So I guess having a high BMAT for someone with not so good GCSE's or A2 predicted, relatively speaking, will be an advantage as it shows the uni that they can do well, it's just annoying for someone who got gd GCSEs and A2 predictions but a low BMAT cuz it limits their chances... To an extent I would agree with u as there are just so many factors that play a part but once u get an interview, From what I know, there don't rlly seem to be very many advantages of a high BMAT....
Regarding the 2 weeks after interview, I have emailed the admissions officers and they said:
Applicants following interview are notified via UCAS within 14 days.

hope this helps! :smile:
did u get an interview btw?

Thanks for this...booked the interview for 16/12. I have good BMAT, GCSEs and AS grades.....people from my school with lower bmats (in the 4 band) are also being called for interview.

So not sure if bmat is a consideration any more.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Received interview on 16th Dec. Anyone with me? :smile:
Original post by ninetyeightfour
Thanks for this...booked the interview for 16/12. I have good BMAT, GCSEs and AS grades.....people from my school with lower bmats (in the 4 band) are also being called for interview.

Congratulations on the interview!!!

Yh, interesting really! Imperial used to take BMAT very srsly... Mayb those people from ur school had amazing GCSEs/AS/predicted/ps?

im still left hanging... :frown:

anyways, gd luck with ur interview!
Congratulations on the interview!!!

Yh, interesting really! Imperial used to take BMAT very srsly... Mayb those people from ur school had amazing GCSEs/AS/predicted/ps?

im still left hanging... :frown:

anyways, gd luck with ur interview!

Thx bro...best wishes for an interview for you!
Reply 244
Original post by ninetyeightfour

What type of scores do those people from your school have out of curiosity if you know? And are they BioMed or Med?
Thanks in advance!! :smile: :smile:
Oh sorry to hear abt Oxford, hopefully ull be fine with the rest though! :smile:
Congrats on getting the Bham interview!! How was it?
If u dont mind me asking, what were the rest of ur stats like?

I applied to Cambridge, Imperial, Kings and Queen Marys. Cambridge sent me an interview invite just over 4 weeks ago (abt an hr after i sat the BMAT lol), interview is in 6 days, nervous as...!! The rest havnt said anything.

Gd luck with ur remaining unis!

Thank you!! I think it went okay, MMI was pretty stressful though... hopefully I'll have done enough :/
No problem, GCSE 8A*s 3As 1B, AS AAAAB, predicted A*A*A*A*
What about you?
Ahhh oh my gosh that's awesome, well done! Good luck, you'll be fab :smile:
Good luck with your remaining ones too!
By the way did any international applicants receive an interview?
Original post by brian.jeon
By the way did any international applicants receive an interview?

Me.
Reply 248
Original post by DCMed96
Received interview on 16th Dec. Anyone with me? :smile:

Yep, interview on the 16th here too :biggrin:
Original post by liass
Yep, interview on the 16th here too :biggrin:

Nice! When's your interview and how's your BMAT?
I also applied for the tour as well, hopefully see you there
Reply 250
Original post by DCMed96
Nice! When's your interview and how's your BMAT?
I also applied for the tour as well, hopefully see you there

Interview is at 2.30, and my BMAT was: 5.1 6.3 3.5A
Yeah going on the tour too, probably see you there :biggrin:
Reply 251
:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:
I can't tolerate receiving rejection from Imperial for the second time without even getting an interview.
Reply 252
Original post by liass
Interview is at 2.30, and my BMAT was: 5.1 6.3 3.5A
Yeah going on the tour too, probably see you there :biggrin:

I selected the 2.15pm slot. Is this guaranteed?
Reply 253
Original post by a123a
I selected the 2.15pm slot. Is this guaranteed?

yeah I think so? Pretty sure they remove the time slots from the survey once theyre taken, so should be fine
Reply 254
Original post by karesade
I can't tolerate receiving rejection from Imperial for the second time without even getting an interview.

Have you been rejected already? :frown:
Reply 255
Original post by liass
yeah I think so? Pretty sure they remove the time slots from the survey once theyre taken, so should be fine

Oh ok, it's just that on the confirmation email, it said something like if you get contacted in the next 7 days your interview time may change. Has yours said something along those lines?
Reply 256
Original post by a123a
Oh ok, it's just that on the confirmation email, it said something like if you get contacted in the next 7 days your interview time may change. Has yours said something along those lines?

Yeah it did
Just got a confirmation from Imperial for my interview on 14th January 2015! I'm an international applicant and if anyone is interest in my stats, they're below

Spoiler

Reply 258
Original post by chakh
Hello

I got 4.4, 5.5 and 4A in my BMAT
GCSE 10A*, 3A
AS AAAA
I received an email this morning from Imperial but still no confirmation of any interview, I’m not sure if I will get interview

Did you receive the broken interview email or the one for financial support?
Original post by Krazhy
Why has everyone decided to get the earliest interview possible!? loool

I've booked it for the 28th of January :biggrin:

SNAP!! Can't do earlier because of school mock exams .... :frown: maybe see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending