The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jessica1728
Hey mines on the 3rd as well!

yess! i posted quite a few times in the past if anyones got a interview on the 3rd and no one replied so i had lost hope lol

What times urs? still got over a month to go, cant wait that long!!!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by ~Zahra~
I might have spoken to you! I arrived quite early and i was waiting outside student union room with another chinese girl. Is your name andrea? (Apologies if im wrong)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by YvT1
there were 2 girls from cyprus.. the one had a ponytail she is my classmate.. and i had all my hair up.. it is my first choice.. if i am lucky enough to get that offer.. but i am so scared that i might not :/ ahhh i want imperial too much.. so it's a bigger disappointment if i don't get it..

Hi guys, if you dont mind me asking, what grades did you get at AS level and what are you predicted for A2?
:smile:
Original post by jungykang
same,
what are your guys' bmats?

4.6, 5.4, 3.5a....
Reply 1523
Original post by alevels2k15
Hi guys, if you dont mind me asking, what grades did you get at AS level and what are you predicted for A2?

Physics 296/300 -- A
Maths 284/300 -- A
Biology 284/300 -- A
Chemistry 266/300 -- A
History 146/200 -- B = dropped it
Greek 100/100 -- A

so i am predicted 5 A* and A is AS further maths..
Original post by Master219
yess! i posted quite a few times in the past if anyones got a interview on the 3rd and no one replied so i had lost hope lol

What times urs? still got over a month to go, cant wait that long!!!

Haha yeah, im new to this thread :tongue: mines at 2:45pm, and ikr.. Seeing ppl on here getting offers has made me even more worried :s
Reply 1525
Do you think that answering 2 minor questions not convincingly is enough to get rejected?
Original post by alevels2k15

Hey i got AAAA for As and ive already acheived A*A*A at A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do they mean by "You must submit your completed DBS form and required documents by 30 June 2015"? Have we received this?
Original post by imperialmedic'15
What do they mean by "You must submit your completed DBS form and required documents by 30 June 2015"? Have we received this?

I was wondering that too! I guess we'll get those documents once we firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's almost the end of January, and I haven't heard anything from Imperial yet....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1530
Hey guys,

I've got my interview coming up on the 11th, but I'm not really sure on the best way to prepare.

I know that i will get asked on my p.s but I don't know how much they will want to know, e.g. Going into detail about the books I've mentioned?

Also, are ethical q's quite common in imperial interviews, and if so, does anyone know of any useful resources for practising answering such questions?

Any advice would be highly appreciated😀😀
Reply 1531
Original post by sergue
those of you who have had interviews at imperial, what kind of ethics questions were you asked?

unfortunately we are not allow to share that info.. wish you the best of luck though..
Original post by PARM1
Hey guys,

I've got my interview coming up on the 11th, but I'm not really sure on the best way to prepare.

I know that i will get asked on my p.s but I don't know how much they will want to know, e.g. Going into detail about the books I've mentioned?

Also, are ethical q's quite common in imperial interviews, and if so, does anyone know of any useful resources for practising answering such questions?

Any advice would be highly appreciated😀😀

If you've mentioned a book you need to know it inside out so I suggest reading it again
why do you like that book? What questions did it leave you with? What did you do to address these questions?
Are all Examples of questions they could ask
(disclaimer these Aren't from my interview as I purposefully avoided The book trap)
Original post by Futuremedic2096
If you've mentioned a book you need to know it inside out so I suggest reading it again
why do you like that book? What questions did it leave you with? What did you do to address these questions?
Are all Examples of questions they could ask
(disclaimer these Aren't from my interview as I purposefully avoided The book trap)

I disagree w/ that. I read a book 7 months before my interview and just read a Bookrags summary on the train to the interview to refresh my memory. They asked me nothing about the book.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I disagree w/ that. I read a book 7 months before my interview and just read a Bookrags summary on the train to the interview to refresh my memory. They asked me nothing about the book.

I was saying if they do ask about the book they may ask those things, as I didn't mention one on my ps, it always pays to know it well
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I was saying if they do ask about the book they may ask those things, as I didn't mention one on my ps, it always pays to know it well

In my experience (leading up to my Birmingham interview), it's too much stress making sure you're prepared to answer book questions and making sure you remember all the names in the book etc.

Just having an idea of what you liked most about the book or something you found particularly interesting is enough, IMO.
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
In my experience (leading up to my Birmingham interview), it's too much stress making sure you're prepared to answer book questions and making sure you remember all the names in the book etc.

Just having an idea of what you liked most about the book or something you found particularly interesting is enough, IMO.

Yeah true
Did anybody feel their interview went badly and then got an offer?
Original post by Watchthe
Did anybody feel their interview went badly and then got an offer?

And also... Anybody who thought they had a good interview but got rejected?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There seems to be a link with how late you receive a reply after interview and the chances of getting an offer ie. Later=more chance ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending