Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I'm deciding between confirming my accommodation or just to travel to university everyday. I'm an English student, and so my uncle said that I wouldn't have a timetable where I have to be at uni every single day. I live in Birmingham so I figured that for the days of the week that I do need to go, I could catch the train instead of living in halls.

Does anyone who has done an english course know what the timetable is like?

Btw, do english students have a reading list for the summer in order to prepare for the start of the course in September?

This depends on 2 things, how far you have to travel (aka how much the train will cost you) and how much staying in uni accommodation will cost you. Try and weigh them up and see which one will be cheaper. I have to say though, I don't think English students spend fewer days a week at uni then any other students really. Also consider which you would rather, say if the cost of travel is close to the cost of accommodation, would you rather stay at home and travel most days or live in the halls? Would you rather have your washing done or have more time in bed? It's your call! Hope this helps
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.