The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Can I have two student accounts with two different banks?

I need a student account for my loan as well as a student account for the members of my house to pay the bills out of. Is this possible?
Original post by mathsfreak8162
I need a student account for my loan as well as a student account for the members of my house to pay the bills out of. Is this possible?

Yes, but check the T&Cs of the banks you are going with.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

I couldn't help but notice your username...are you going to Newcastle this year to do Maths?

Possibly, but my bank says I cant have an account with another and student loan has to enter my account to be classified as student account. I however had a previous current account so kept my money separate from account where student finance money comes in etc. This year I switched to another bank with a better incentive :tongue:
Original post by MangaGirl211
I couldn't help but notice your username...are you going to Newcastle this year to do Maths?

No sorry I'm already at Newcastle doing Chemical Engineering
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by derma2019
Possibly, but my bank says I cant have an account with another and student loan has to enter my account to be classified as student account. I however had a previous current account so kept my money separate from account where student finance money comes in etc. This year I switched to another bank with a better incentive :tongue:

Thanks. Which bank wouldn't let you have two accounts?
Thanks. Which bank wouldn't let you have two accounts?

lloyds
Original post by derma2019
lloyds

Okay thanks
No sorry I'm already at Newcastle doing Chemical Engineering

Oh, right! I know a few people who were interested in Chemical Engineering from my college. DO you share any classes/modules with the Maths students?
Original post by MangaGirl211
Oh, right! I know a few people who were interested in Chemical Engineering from my college. DO you share any classes/modules with the Maths students?

No although all engineering students share maths lectures together for the first year. I think we are separate to pure maths because some have not done further maths A level where as I assume most maths students have. Will you be starting at Newcastle this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending