Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing As Levels History, English Literature and Law. I want to do Law at University. I was predicted AAB. I've come out with CDD. I am devastated, I followed my tutors advice completely in all subjects, I handed in endless essays all graded with a high mark, but I've come out with these grades. I already have an unconditional offer for Law from Lancaster University which I've accepted for 2015 entry. I did a two year Btec when I first left school but I wanted to do A levels as well. My coursework grade was marked down from an A to a D which affected my Literature grade significantly I got the highest mark in my class in the exam as well! I'm gutted but relieved as well because most of my friends got UUU. Only two people out of 40 students got three C grades and above. My Law grade is confusing me the most. I got high B's in History. High B's in Literature and A's in Law. I did not get below a C at all in any of my mocks and I got a D in Literature and a D in Law. History I struggled the most with and got a C. Does anybody recommend anything for me? I got Law student of the year and I also won a work placement in a solicitors firm which I've completed and I have also got a work placement for Archaeology. (Please don't be too harsh with me) I'm depressed as it is, even more depressed looking at people saying they got bad A level grades such as ABBD etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    I have recently been through this situation,you say most of your friends got lower,so...Did any of your friends get higher? Are you worried about them getting higher? I've been devastated recently about my friends getting higher,I don't want to look stupid infront of them...And I certainly don't want to do really rubbish. All you have to think about is what life throws at you. It can't be that bad,atleast you got a grade. Well done for achieving what you have. Life comes with struggles and if this is one of them... Throw it out the way. Life is about having a good time. Try and convince yourself that this doesn't matter as much as you thought,and that you will try your hardest to do much better next time. I am happy with you for achieving a grade,well done in everything you have done...Especially achieving the highest in the class. Your past proves you can do it,so you can do it again. It's just one mistake,you shouldn't be devastated! Think about how many times you have messed up...Once. Now,compare it too how many times you have done well...Much more! Think about how your friends feel...Atleast you got better than them! You are not the only one...Infact there are many others worse Be happy,strong and live life for what it gives you because YOU are YOU and everything happens for a reason x

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.