Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone do OCR GCSE Latin? If so do you reckon it was hard?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    The exam or the whole course? The whole course: not really
    Exams: 3/4 no, but I found the verse paper hard, mostly because I panicked...

ReputationRep:
    The paper difficulty is fine, what I struggled with at times was the amount of information we needed to memorise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
    No
    Generally, I agree but how high will the boundaries be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lokiofasgard)
    The paper difficulty is fine, what I struggled with at times was the amount of information we needed to memorise.
    I definitely found that! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I, and most others, thought that the first language paper seemed very easy (so annoyed I translated filia as son rather than daughter) and there was just one sentence in the second paper about an axe which had two words I had never seen before (that could be up to 5 marks lost) but it seemed OK after that. I worked really hard for the A403 prose literature and I thought it was pretty easy as I had fully memorized the whole translation off by heart. The A404 verse literature seemed generally pretty easy to me - however, I fear that I may have perhaps not answered the final question as well as I perhaps could. Did anyone else answer the final question (8-marker) on Virgil's Aeneid Book XII on the Latin Verse Literature A404 (final paper)? If so, how did you find it? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I did,I found both questions on the Virgil paper fairly vague though compared to ones that I'd previously practiced,so I spent a lot of time just babbling to be honest. Hopefully I be able to pick up enough makes here and there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous1797)
    I did,I found both questions on the Virgil paper fairly vague though compared to ones that I'd previously practiced,so I spent a lot of time just babbling to be honest. Hopefully I be able to pick up enough makes here and there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I ended up saying that Aeneas wasn't a worthy winner, but was more worthy than Turnus. I got my timings all wrong and completely panicked. The other 3 papers I really didn't find too bad so like you, I hoped I've picked up enough marks here and there to make up for what I feel was a sub par verse paper. Good luck for Thursday!

ReputationRep:
    4 days until at least some of the grade boundaries are released and 5 days until results day - good luck everyone! Btw does anyone know any other GCSE that has four written paper except for Ancient Greek because I don't. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    latin exams were fine. Screwed up my languages a bit but other than that, the literature was poo easy.

ReputationRep:
    It was okay... The Virgil did take me by surprise, and I found it harder than the rest. Um... I think the other papers were the same standard as previous

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.