sombm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Anyone do OCR GCSE Latin? If so do you reckon it was hard?
Stannisbaratheon
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No
Bazbaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The exam or the whole course? The whole course: not really
Exams: 3/4 no, but I found the verse paper hard, mostly because I panicked...
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The paper difficulty is fine, what I struggled with at times was the amount of information we needed to memorise.
sombm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stannisbaratheon)
No
Generally, I agree but how high will the boundaries be?
sombm
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lokiofasgard)
The paper difficulty is fine, what I struggled with at times was the amount of information we needed to memorise.
I definitely found that! Thanks
sombm
Rep:
?
Generally, I, and most others, thought that the first language paper seemed very easy (so annoyed I translated filia as son rather than daughter) and there was just one sentence in the second paper about an axe which had two words I had never seen before (that could be up to 5 marks lost) but it seemed OK after that. I worked really hard for the A403 prose literature and I thought it was pretty easy as I had fully memorized the whole translation off by heart. The A404 verse literature seemed generally pretty easy to me - however, I fear that I may have perhaps not answered the final question as well as I perhaps could. Did anyone else answer the final question (8-marker) on Virgil's Aeneid Book XII on the Latin Verse Literature A404 (final paper)? If so, how did you find it? Thanks.
Anonymous1797
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I did,I found both questions on the Virgil paper fairly vague though compared to ones that I'd previously practiced,so I spent a lot of time just babbling to be honest. Hopefully I be able to pick up enough makes here and there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bazbaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1797)
I did,I found both questions on the Virgil paper fairly vague though compared to ones that I'd previously practiced,so I spent a lot of time just babbling to be honest. Hopefully I be able to pick up enough makes here and there :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, I ended up saying that Aeneas wasn't a worthy winner, but was more worthy than Turnus. I got my timings all wrong and completely panicked. The other 3 papers I really didn't find too bad so like you, I hoped I've picked up enough marks here and there to make up for what I feel was a sub par verse paper. Good luck for Thursday!
sombm
Rep:
?
4 days until at least some of the grade boundaries are released and 5 days until results day - good luck everyone! Btw does anyone know any other GCSE that has four written paper except for Ancient Greek because I don't. Thanks.
longsightdon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
latin exams were fine. Screwed up my languages a bit but other than that, the literature was poo easy.
hprynne
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was okay... The Virgil did take me by surprise, and I found it harder than the rest. Um... I think the other papers were the same standard as previous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling now you've started university?

I'm loving it! (57)
14.65%
I'm enjoying it but I'm still settling in (98)
25.19%
I'm a bit unsure (67)
17.22%
I'm finding things difficult (133)
34.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (34)
8.74%

Watched Threads