Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i want to take a gap year because i got rejected from the UAL college and that was my first choice since it is the best for art and design, and so i'm thinking of taking a gap year, during which i want to make a better portfolio with better guidance this time to try and get in to UAL. i know it is very tough but i'm thinking it is worth it. i'm not sure though, just wanted an opinion whether i should take a gap year and go to a good university rather than just go to an average one. Also since i am an overseas student i planning to do foundation from a local university instead of the gap year and then apply for course. i want to know if i can do that

ReputationRep:
    Which UAL college was it?

ReputationRep:
    I took a gap year last year or rather I deferred and starting this year (for other reasons), I really pushed myself to get new skills and experience and its just more to write about in your personal statement if you apply again and more to talk about in your interview. Honestly I don't think you have to even rush getting your BA and I got a lot of outside experience in this last year..

But which UAL campus was it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.