Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BSc Electronic Engineering at Wmin or BEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering at QM watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I am currently a student at Westminster university. I have just completed my foundation year for the course BSc Electronic Engineering with foundation.
    I have applied to Queen Mary University to study BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering and they have accepted me, however I do not know how both Unis and the courses compare very well. Of course BEng seems better, but my mathematics skill, in my opinion, isn't too high. I wonder if may find it tough if I move to Queen Mary Uni due to the workload. I would like someone to give me some lovely info thanks

ReputationRep:
    you'll be okay if you work hard but yeah BEng is better

ReputationRep:
    did you go to queen mary then? is the course good? i just appled there for september? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sōra)
    did you go to queen mary then? is the course good? i just appled there for september? thanks
    Hi there,

I decided not to go Queen Mary, I don't think I would have managed well. I'm doing BSc Electronics currently at Westminster Uni. QM accepted me only because overall I got a 1st for my foundation, and they didn't look at my individual module results - they had no further requirements.

I do have some friends that decided to go there on that same course and they seem to be managing. Compared to Westminster Uni, QM won't help you as much I believe - it's generally more harder than Westminster, but go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man, take it easy x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 14, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.