The Student Room Group

I think Edexcel screwed up a lot

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alice Moody
low B, think a low C, and i think a mid U??

Ahh, that's why you got a U instead of an E. Good thing is though that you did well/decent in 2/3 of the modules, and just have to retake the U
I agree for Edexcel Economics Unit 1 I got a C and I found that paper went really well and in the mocks I got As!!
Unit 2 I got almost full marks so overall it was an A but there's definitely something wrong, I need to request the script, does anyone know when the deadline is?
Original post by Naby08
This is biology and now that I think about it I rather request a copy of maths too as that was 4 UMS off an A.

Anyone know how long scripts take to receive and also how long it will take for unpriority/priority remarking? Would doing both one after the other exceed the deadline?

Scripts come quite quickly, priority remarks aim to be done by 18 days and non priority by 30. Maybe request both scripts together and then the remarks one at a time, that shouldn't exceed the deadline for non priority
Maybe it's because of the abolition of January exams and there subsequently being a higher than average number of papers to mark?
Reply 64
Original post by maiisiie08
I agree with this, I was predicted an A for Politics, only ever got As and I got a low a and low b so high b overall? And my friend who has only ever got about 90% in her Chemistry exams got a mid a and a low c averaging at a B overall. We're both getting them remarked anyway

I did the politics alevel in one year...

I got As the whole year in mocks and I ended up with cbbd overall C
Original post by TobyWilliams
The one I thought I did horrendous in with Edexcel I got 90/100 and the one I thought I was sure to get 90-100UMS, practised much more and was my favourite topic (Mechanics) I got a very low 35 UMS, I checked with the result paper in the maths section on this forums forgot his name, there was no way I could've got 35UMS as I got the same answers, Edexcel screwed up a lot.

Let me know how the remark goes please
I agree. I got much higher than I expected in all my exams but got really low in my biology coursework which my teachers don't understand. Apparently it wasn't just me at my school either...
Original post by AlexKay99
Hi is the form you filled in called 'review of marking request' by any chance? I filled this form in and sent it to them electronically, I really hope they get back to me soon I stated I wanted an ATS copy (to view the photocopy of the scripts) I just want to double check if I filled in the correct form...

Could you tell me how you send a form online? I thought you had to do it through school, but this would be very inconvenient for me.
Original post by leddypie
I did the politics alevel in one year...

I got As the whole year in mocks and I ended up with cbbd overall C

Oh, this was with edexcel? Did you/are you gonna get any remarks or resits?
Reply 69
Original post by ilikechemistry
I agree for Edexcel Economics Unit 1 I got a C and I found that paper went really well and in the mocks I got As!!
Unit 2 I got almost full marks so overall it was an A but there's definitely something wrong, I need to request the script, does anyone know when the deadline is?

Hi, Son's school say '7 days from first published' for a photocopy of the script, they sent some requests in yesterday and got the copies today on screen from edexcel! They say the 7 day deadline is imposed by the exam board. Copies allow time to look for extra marks - original scripts do not as they cannot then be remarked as they are no longer secure once they have been sent to you, so don't request those. Copies come back quickly. You will then have until 19th/20th September (saturday?!) to ask for a re marking of your script. Do not send for your original in the first place, send for a copy. No re- marking can take place if you have the original. My son was told that he should have enough time to check the copy, request a re mark AND have the results back in time for the 15th of October UCAS deadline for Oxbridge/ medicine.
Phone your 6th form - they may have forms and advice which is more suited to you. Good luck.
I have replied to message too - my son has given me the info, he says remember it's relevant for his school and other schools may have earlier than 21st of Aug deadline for copy requests.
:smile:
So almost everyone got marked down and not up? I see a common theme here..
I agree.

But what can we as students do about it? (Apart from getting all papers remarked as its too expensive)
No, I don't think they have messed up. I think it would be more likely that the students have messed up themselves.

There is a clear difference in difficulty between AS & A2 (in some subjects), just like there is a difference in difficulty between AS and GCSE.

Seriously. I do not think they have messed up at all... Maybe they couldn't cope with the stress of not having January exams?
Whoever wrote that M1 paper has messed me up, they cost me my place at my firm. I got 100% in literally every past paper, but in this one, I got 70UMS, which made me miss my A grade in Maths by 9UMS. I'm gutted, but I made so many dumb errors in C2 as well.
No problem for me got 298/300 for Maths AS and 291/300 A2 for Further Maths. M1 was hard and the grade boundaries reduced so I could get 98 for it despite making several errors in the module.It does seem as if some of the other maths grade boundaries are a bit higher than expected though not much though like 62 in FP1 and 64 in C1.
Reply 75
Anyone else who did edexcel physics got unexpected grades similar to me?
Hahahahah hahahhahaha this thread hhahahahhaha
This thread just makes me angry.

Trust me, I don't like edexcel but people need to face up to the fact that they simply screwed up in the exams...whether that is because their exam style was wrong, the stress of exam conditions, the fact that their nice lovely teacher was not marking their work or simply, they aren't as good as their subject as they think.

Edexcel, just like any other exam board are FAIR and award marks POSITIVELY.

Take responsibility and stop blaming others and act like an adult.
Reply 78
Original post by maiisiie08
Oh, this was with edexcel? Did you/are you gonna get any remarks or resits?

Yeah, the delightful edexcel! Nah too expensive and I don't really have time to wait as I need to get uni sorted. I didn't get my first choice, but went through clearing and found a good uni that accepted me and I'm happy with it!
Original post by leddypie
Yeah, the delightful edexcel! Nah too expensive and I don't really have time to wait as I need to get uni sorted. I didn't get my first choice, but went through clearing and found a good uni that accepted me and I'm happy with it!

Yep, edexcel screwed me over too, but I guess I have time to request remarks and resit if needed. Oh that's good, at least it all worked out for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest