The Student Room Group

Confused

Yesterday I got ABC in my AS Level results, two UMS off a B in English Literature and four UMS off an A in History. I want to get A*AA/AAA at the end of A2 and I was just wondering whether I should re-take/re-mark any of my AS units to boost my overall grades or whether I could boost all the grades without any retakes by just working really hard at A2? (The only unit I am planning to retake is my English Literature coursework one in which I got a very high D)
Reply 1
Anyone?
Maybe retake your English as jumping 2 grade boundary is very unlikely, I managed to up from a B to an A in English lang in my a levels so I don't think moving up one grade boundary is that hard if you work hard on your history :smile:
Reply 3
I'm already re-taking the English coursework but do you think that I should re-take the exam as well? (I was three marks off an A in the exam) I was just wondering if only re-taking the coursework would be enough to push me up two grades? And did you manage to get that A without any AS retakes? :smile:
I think you'd be ok just retaking the coursework if your exam was only a few marks off an A. I didn't do any retakes just worked hard did a lot of revising for the exam, though in all honesty I thrive in exams so I guess it depends on your strengths. If you think you can ace your exam next year then just do the coursework :smile:
Reply 5
Yeah I do better in exams than coursework. :smile: My coursework was only one mark off a C as well so if I re-take it I could get a C and possibly even a B or A if I work really hard. I've worked out that I need 182 UMS to get an A overall. If I push this coursework up quite a bit and work REALLY hard next year, then I think it is possible. :smile: Thank you for your help!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest