Anyone going to Warwick? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Got 3 exams left now. Almost there......... then roll on the summer and uni! Is there anyone else going to Warwick University?

Sounds like a random question but jusy curious

Ronak
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hopefully, not untill next year though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Warwick's quite nice. What subject are you doing?
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hoping to do Computer Science.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
And yourself?

Also I was reading the union webpage and it seems there's so much stuff to do. The only problem is that due to where I live at the moment there's not many extracurricular activities I can do to be honest. This worries me as when it comes to application proceedure and maybe even in interviews I won't have a great deal to say, only basically what I'd like to pursue when and if I'm accepted. Wing Tsun Martial Arts fand the Computing Society for example, I was wondering if any of you guys feel the same at the moment and don't have a lot of stuff bar qualifications that you can actually write about.

I was looking at the Summer Schools and I'm too old for them and there's a lot of stuff I have to find out about Funding, Financial Aid and actually Applying. I'm not sure about you guys but my college must be terribly unorganised or something as we've done nothing of the sort.
davem
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Hopefully I'm going to Warwick to study maths (4 year MMath course), so I might see you there
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
computer science course is a ***** at warwick
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
computer science course is a ***** at warwick
Elaborate please?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
If you want to go to a boring university, you couldn't do much worse than Warwick. Campus three miles outside of Cov (itself is a pretty scarey place and what a dump). If you stay on site, thousands of soleless boxes for accomodation, bars and clubs shut at 1 am, sports centre so small for so many thousands of students that it is constantly packed, constant problems (and expense) parking your car if you have one (no spaces to cope with demand), most beer at commercial prices, lousy bus service to anywhere.

I went there for one year and then transfered to Leeds. Never looked back.

Laura
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Warwick doesn't even have a proper Law Faculty! Law students should be insulted! (for having to be "forced" into the Social Sciences Faculty)
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Sorry to hear you didn't like it there Laura, one of the first bad accounts I've heard from Warwick go'ers tbh.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
hi, I noticed you post. You're planning to do Wing tsun in Warwick.
Cool, I am one of the founding members there, and still have an active role despite graduating last year. So, how long have you been doing wing Tsun for then?

You can contact me on:
[email protected]
J.S.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's a great place to study. As with any University however, it is not suited to absolutely everyone. You may want to be in a larger city though, or, of course, you may just detest city life. Depends on what your priorities are. Warwick, being in Cov, is somewhere down the middle of those two (although, nearby is B'ham).

It's fairly academic, more than than many of the other universities esp. quite a few of the old redbricks, which can be so dissapointing, in so many key areas. Best thing, look at average 'A' level grades for any prospective Univ, and then your particular dept. Then, be sure you're likely to be comfortable with the location. There are no definite rules on how to do this. You just have to go there, spend a day around the Univ., just doing what you may want to do once you're a student there.

Overall, pleasant environment, one of the few places in the UK which does not give the impression that it's battling with bankrupcy.

J.S.
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've been at Warwick for a week and loving it. Bars and clubs shut at 2, not 1, the sports centre has been relitavly empty when I've been there, there are hundreds of clubs and societies to go to, and it's a great place to do music clubs, because there is no music degree, so there is no bias in the music centre. The arts centre is the largest outside London and is open to the public. I love it here.
villarde
Report 15 years ago
I'm hopefully going to be doing a PGCE next year depends on degree grade !!!

Does anyone know what the education department is like ?

V
muffe
Report 15 years ago
And it only costs £6 to go glide-flying there
villarde
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by muffe)
And it only costs £6 to go glide-flying there
That's really cheap...

Do they have a football team aswell ?
muffe
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by villarde)
That's really cheap...

Do they have a football team aswell ?
http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/port...ST&category=59

they have football, american football, rugby...
Max Plank
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If you can get the grades to do Comp Sci at Warwick why don't you do CS at a good uni ... like Imperial?

John
picju96
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by villarde)
I'm hopefully going to be doing a PGCE next year depends on degree grade !!!

Does anyone know what the education department is like ?

V
Up on a seperate little campus called Westwood, like Maths and Biology is up on Gibbet Hill. It's supposed to be ok, I've met a few people doing it and they're enjoying it.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%