Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I've recently received my AS-level results
    I was planning on studying Economics at either UCL, LSE, WARWICK, CAMBRIDGE, BRISTOL, DURHAM. My past academic history has been 10 A*'s at GCSE. I have had achievement such as representing nationally at European Youth Parliament (debating), Regional stages of Young Enterprise (won presentation award), Work Experience at investment bank, being a senior prefect, won academic awards for english and economics.

My teachers predicted my all A's for my AS-levels, but for some freak reason of nature, i got a C in my AS, what is the likelihood of me getting into the top university's with the grades i have.
    I was planning to drop biology AS and take up further maths as i know many universities would like it.

The dilemma stands at do i continue to pursue an economics degree, i would like to go into investment banking as a career.

Or do i switch, drop Economics not take up further maths and pursue a medical degree, i do have the work experience already for this. The problem with this is that i would have to take a UKCAT exam, abstract, verbal reasoning etc. for which i would have to start practicing immediately, and book the exam asap as the spaces run low.

To stay with Economics, i would either have to resit my AS economics exams along with the A2 exams, or hope that the AS paper i've sent for remark gets graded up.

Kind regards,

please reply asap im freaking out here lol.. thanks

Medicine is very competitive and I wouldn't advise applying for it unless you truly want to study it.

See how your remark goes and resit economics AS if you have to. See if you can get your tutor to predict you an A for A2. You do have an A in Maths, so your C at AS is not the end of the world

Posted from TSR Mobile
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2014
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.