Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter


    I got my AS results yesterday and, although I got an A overall in biology (Edexcel), I am extremely unhappy with my coursework grade.

    I got 240/300 UMS marks overall for biology. My coursework scored 29/60, which is 21/40 in raw marks, in other words, it is an E. I do not believe that this is correct and neither do the people I asked to proof read it and, when asking my teacher for any improvements before submission, he said there was nothing more I need to add to it.

    As I want to do medicine, this makes it harder for me to achieve an A next year at A2.
    Is there anyway I can query my mark or appeal?

    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Sorry I can't offer much advice but my class had the same issue with our A2 coursework!

    I was told mine would most probably be full UMS and I ended up with 50/60 UMS or 35/45 in terms of raw marks (which was somehow the highest in the class!) Just seems like edexcel have been so cruel to me and so many others this year

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.