Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I plan on doing an interrailing trip next August with a few friends for 22 days. I want to get planning ahead so I know how long I can afford to go for. The plan is hopefully to fly from London to Cologne and get the train to Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Split, Venice and Milan then fly back to Glasgow from there. I may change this slightly if we cannot fit all of this in, however, I have cousins who live in Italy so I will be staying with them for a few days after my pass runs out.

I have a rough idea of how much it will cost for my interrail pass and hostels but how much money roughly should I bring for food/shopping/sightseeing/the occasional night out (i dont plan on going out in every place, maybe just 1 or 2)???

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'd budget for an average of £30/£40 a day - some days you'll spend less, some days you'll spend more.

I have no real experience or expertise though, I'm just repeating something I heard elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hzdunlop)
    I plan on doing an interrailing trip next August with a few friends for 22 days. I want to get planning ahead so I know how long I can afford to go for. The plan is hopefully to fly from London to Cologne and get the train to Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Split, Venice and Milan then fly back to Glasgow from there. I may change this slightly if we cannot fit all of this in, however, I have cousins who live in Italy so I will be staying with them for a few days after my pass runs out.

I have a rough idea of how much it will cost for my interrail pass and hostels but how much money roughly should I bring for food/shopping/sightseeing/the occasional night out (i dont plan on going out in every place, maybe just 1 or 2)???

Well I live in London so If you wanna stay more than a day here ur gonna need to go on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and get through at least 12 questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hzdunlop)

A nice hotel room at somewhere like a Mariott hotel is £120 a night. Multipled by 30 = £3600. That includes breakfast so just food moeny and spending omeny is needed. That can be an additional £650. Plus flight and train ticket money at £750 so in total you need about £5000. It will be a bit lessas flights can be found cheaply and hotel rooms can be cheaper. This is for a medium luxurious stay.

To half the costs you could choose a Premier Inn style hotel at an average of £55 per night. Instantly that takes it down to £3350 in total.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.