Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So got my results yesterday, they were okay but if I wanna apply for the course I wanna do, i've gotta get straight As and I got ABBa, so I'll be resitting some modules next year. Thankfully I already planned to take a gap year so I'll have these coming months to prepare

Anyone else thinking about A2 resits?

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of doing A2 resits to bump my BDD grade to BBB then reapply next year. It'll only be 3/4 exams and luckily I haven't thrown away my study materials ^^ Now it's just about finding a centre to take me. But I'm not sure whether I should just stick to clearing instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youni-chan)
    I am thinking of doing A2 resits to bump my BDD grade to BBB then reapply next year. It'll only be 3/4 exams and luckily I haven't thrown away my study materials ^^ Now it's just about finding a centre to take me. But I'm not sure whether I should just stick to clearing instead...
    Can't you do the resits at your school? You'd be an external candidate and may have to pay an extra invigilator charge but surely they'd take you? Or maybe just mine...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolerthanbeans)
    Can't you do the resits at your school? You'd be an external candidate and may have to pay an extra invigilator charge but surely they'd take you? Or maybe just mine...?
    I've enquired about it but I think there's a chance they won't take me on as an external student so I'll have to search for other centres. If not, I'm off to the uni that gave me a clearing offer and to be honest, I'm feeling a bit iffy about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youni-chan)
    I've enquired about it but I think there's a chance they won't take me on as an external student so I'll have to search for other centres. If not, I'm off to the uni that gave me a clearing offer and to be honest, I'm feeling a bit iffy about that.
    Oh If you went to that uni, you could transfer at the end of your first year though, right? Won't your school at least allow you just to take the exams at school, then teach yourself independently?? After all, if you're the one paying for the exam surely that wouldn't bother them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolerthanbeans)
    Oh If you went to that uni, you could transfer at the end of your first year though, right? Won't your school at least allow you just to take the exams at school, then teach yourself independently?? After all, if you're the one paying for the exam surely that wouldn't bother them?
    I suppose so but unfortunately only a handful of unis do Human bio and psych, unless transfer Keele which would be like a dream come true lol but even that has it's cons. I hope so, they've sent a email to vice principle but God knows what he'll say. Did your sixth form accept you easily? You didn't need to convince them?

ReputationRep:
    well i knew as soon as i did my exams i'd be doing resits, so i emailed my head of year that referred me to the exams officer. i asked about a2 resits and she said i'd need to email her around december time about it, and that i'd be an external candidate, so i guess because we've had year 14s before i didnt need to convince them. i guess it was also easier because i made it clear that i'd teach myself independently (some teachers at my school are a bit meh, and i learn better by myself anyway) so then they knew they wouldn't have to make the effort to assign me to a particular classes etc. i really hope that it works out for you and that you'll be able to resit where's the nearest centre for you?

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.