michsitiy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am so disappointed and confused whether I should apply for medicine. I got 207/300 in maths, chemistry and biology, 210 for a B. For gcse I managed 6A* Should I resit some practical exams and gain B/A but do i have a chance in medicine with poor AS results?:confused:
TheLightBulb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
One way to get into uni if your AS grades aren't fab is to go through the foundation route. An extra year to an already long course but it accepts AS grades as low as BBCC at AS and BBB at A2. Look up the course at UEA (and I think Leeds). It's called foundation med and after your first year it is pretty much the same med course as if you got the normal med offer.

If you don't want to do the foundation year then I would say resit year 12, get AAA at A2 minimum and you'll have a shot at getting a place for med at middle placed unis.

If you're keen on Russell Group then definitely resit year 12 and you'll be looking at A*AA at A2 and good scores on the tests such as the BMAT.

Hope this helps xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
michsitiy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
[QUOTE=TheLightBulb;49424585]One way to get into uni if your AS grades aren't fab is to go through the foundation route. An extra year to an already long course but it accepts AS grades as low as BBCC at AS and BBB at A2. Look up the course at UEA (and I think Leeds). It's called foundation med and after your first year it is pretty much the same med course as if you got the normal med offer.

If you don't want to do the foundation year then I would say resit year 12, get AAA at A2 minimum and you'll have a shot at getting a place for med at middle placed unis.

If you're keen on Russell Group then definitely resit year 12 and you'll be looking at A*AA at A2 and good scores on the tests such as the BMAT.

Hope this helps xx

thanks I think i am gonna resit the biology practical exam rather than the whole year because I got a D hopefully get an A in biology, resit unit 1 chemistry and biology. Most of all practice on exam techniques rather than concentrating on the content. I have looked at Manchester foundation course and its really interesting. I am doing my UKCAT in a week, hopefully a high score will compensate for low AS results.

Wish me luck and thanks I feel better now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads