CLEARING CHOICE track update on UCAS..

Watch
tea&scrabble
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I submitted my clearing choice after verbal confirmation yesterday on UCAS track at 6pm. I haven't heard anything since and it has not be updated as accepted on track.

My place is for pharmacy by the way.

Does all this waiting mean that they might decline at the last minute even though they gave me verbal confirmation??

Super confused. Help please! 😊 :confused:
ramie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Snap! Still no update after I was verbally given an offer. I'm worried now that they will decline my offer and more than likely all the other uni's that I would have picked would have filled there places
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramie)
Snap! Still no update after I was verbally given an offer
When did u add it as a choice? Do u have any information on how long it may take??
ramie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I added it yesterday at 5pm. Have been given no info what so ever as to how long it will take.
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
They are not allowed to decline after a verbal offer are they?
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
I heard from someone that it took a week. Someone else said 2 days. I cant last that long..
Zik007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i was just coming on to ask this. I have applied this morning and was wondering if they could decline even after a verbal offer?
ramie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by tea&scrabble)
I heard from someone that it took a week. Someone else said 2 days. I cant last that long..
A week:eek::eek: I have work all weekend, So I won't even have much time to sort stuff out!
ramie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Zik007)
i was just coming on to ask this. I have applied this morning and was wondering if they could decline even after a verbal offer?
I personally believe that they could possibly still decline. Wouldn't be sporting if they did but they could do.
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
(Original post by ramie)
A week:eek::eek: I have work all weekend, So I won't even have much time to sort stuff out!
I know riggght? Like accomodation needs to be sorted too, not to mention student finance. I'm actually having palpitations lol
Psyc_Girl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, I added a clearing choice yesterday at 5pm and it was confirmed on track at about 11am this morning. So yours should hopefully come through soon!! My uni was City btw. Good luck
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
Hey, I added a clearing choice yesterday at 5pm and it was confirmed on track at about 11am this morning. So yours should hopefully come through soon!! My uni was City btw. Good luck
Do you believe that the university would have declined at all (hypothetically) after giving you a verbal offer?
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you believe that the university would have declined at all (hypothetically) after giving you a verbal offer?
I personally don't see why they would. Have you received any written confirmation from them like an email stating they offered you a place?
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
(Original post by Psyc_Girl)
I personally don't see why they would. Have you received any written confirmation from them like an email stating they offered you a place?
I have a written offer saying Congratulations, we offer you a place etc.

I added them as a choice on ucas but no updates so far. Could this be due to volume of applications?
Zik007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do you guys think it would be a wise idea to ring them up and see what is happening?
tea&scrabble
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zik007)
do you guys think it would be a wise idea to ring them up and see what is happening?
Definitely, I did. I don't mind looking keen lol
ramie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What Uni's have you applied for?
Psyc_Girl
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a written offer saying Congratulations, we offer you a place etc.

I added them as a choice on ucas but no updates so far. Could this be due to volume of applications?
Yeah I doubt they'll take it off you! Most likely yeah. Ring them and ask for a rough time of when it will be completed by, that's what I did
jenni00004
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its probably the volume of applications at UCAS rather at the universities declining
awkwardusername
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's definitely the volume of applications. I had a verbal offer last year that was all updated within a couple of hours, whereas when my friend got one, it took almost a week for it all to update!
I wouldn't worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.64%
No - I have already returned home (32)
11.68%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.8%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.95%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
29.93%

Watched Threads