The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Can I switch my accommodation offer??!

So I received my accommodation offer from the pinnacles yesterday however my dad found and shown me some interesting reviews about the pinnacles which has made me want to swap to my second preference which is the trigon!

Now as the trigon is a very popular hall they're stopping applications for this year however the trigon is my second preference will I be able to switch as I don't want to decline the pinnacles incase I get allocated somewhere I'd ultimately hate!

Question is - if I reject the offer will I get a new offer from the trigon as it's in my 2nd preference in my original application?

Thanks!
Original post by Bradders250696
So I received my accommodation offer from the pinnacles yesterday however my dad found and shown me some interesting reviews about the pinnacles which has made me want to swap to my second preference which is the trigon!

Now as the trigon is a very popular hall they're stopping applications for this year however the trigon is my second preference will I be able to switch as I don't want to decline the pinnacles incase I get allocated somewhere I'd ultimately hate!

Question is - if I reject the offer will I get a new offer from the trigon as it's in my 2nd preference in my original application?

Thanks!

Did you end up doing this? I'm in a similar situation.
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
No as the handler at the accommodation service said if i reject then i am not guaranteed a place in my secondary preference and can infact end up in a more inconvenient place!

Are you living in the pinnacles to?
Original post by Bradders250696
No as the handler at the accommodation service said if i reject then i am not guaranteed a place in my secondary preference and can infact end up in a more inconvenient place!

Are you living in the pinnacles to?

Oh, I'm sure it'll be fine. no I'm in Leadmill Point, decided not to as there's a waiting list for the rooms, could be in worse halls though so I can't complain I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending