Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it even worth it?

ReputationRep:
    If you work hard, then yeah it could be. I remember my friend saying it's ultimately up to you whether you sink or swim. Regardless of what uni you go to. It could be that you go to a excellent uni but you do absolutely crap in what you're meant to do. I hope everything works out for the best for you, good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiriHam)
    If you work hard, then yeah it could be. I remember my friend saying it's ultimately up to you whether you sink or swim. Regardless of what uni you go to. It could be that you go to a excellent uni but you do absolutely crap in what you're meant to do. I hope everything works out for the best for you, good luck
    Thank you

Assuming I get a 2:1, what doors will be open to me (if any)?

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical Engineering graduate here. It's worth it yes. Getting a good degree(2.1 or higher) is one thing but more importantly as an engineer it's very crucial you secure yourself placements during the summer and/or even a year in industry between your 2nd/3rd year. These students whom did placements at Tata, Cummins, BMW etc now have jobs already secured with the same companies during their final year because they did well and were wanted. One of my friends did this and went to Cummins for 25k or so and another for JLR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Thank you

It's alright, to be honest I'm not so good with knowing what jobs are best for graduates except for the fact that graduates often apply to jobs that aren't usually related to the degree they took and it's fine. If you want more information ask the student service at your uni. Sorry i couldn't be of more help

ReputationRep:
    If the course is accredited it doesn't matter how mediocre the uni is. Professional accreditation is all that matters.

Work hard, get 2:1 or more, a good placement and/or work experience and you'll have no problem finding work.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright, to be honest I'm not so good with knowing what jobs are best for graduates except for the fact that graduates often apply to jobs that aren't usually related to the degree they took and it's fine. If you want more information ask the student service at your uni. Sorry i couldn't be of more help
    Oh hi avatar korra

ReputationRep:
    As long as you get a 2.1 or higher, then yes it's worth it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Oh hi avatar korra
    Er, hi. Please do not tell anyone I'm here. Especially the Red Lotus.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Joyful_soul)
    Engineering...?

ReputationRep:
    Er, hi. Please do not tell anyone I'm here. Especially the Red Lotus.
    As you wish Avatar Korra. My lips are sealed :adore: :ninja:

Just watched episode 11 earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    As you wish Avatar Korra. My lips are sealed :adore: :ninja:

Just watched episode 11 earlier
    I, er, haven't watched that episode yet/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.