The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Anyone going to Hull through clearing? Or on the chemistry course

Hi everyone I've just been accepted by Hull through clearing and wondering if anyone else has yet? Also I'm not sure what accommodation to go for because there isn't much left so could anyone recommend any? I'm going to study chemistry by the way :smile:
Original post by owlriver20
Hi everyone I've just been accepted by Hull through clearing and wondering if anyone else has yet? Also I'm not sure what accommodation to go for because there isn't much left so could anyone recommend any? I'm going to study chemistry by the way :smile:

Hi

Well done in getting in to Hull University you are going to have a great time!

If you are still looking in at accommodation why don't you check us out? We are a few minute walk from the university, have super fast WIFI and free car parking- as well as a tone of other benefits!
There are lots of first year students staying with us this coming year and we always have a lot of science students on site so you will be right at home!
Our rooms start from £70 per week and that includes all your bills with no extra charges for things like WIFI.

Check out our website for more info or you can find us on facebook and ask us any questions you might have.
www.universalstudentliving.com/hull
www.facebook.com/USLHull

Hope this helps! :smile:

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by owlriver20

snap! I am in the same situation. I'm going to have a look at the chem department tomorrow hopefully it will be a success. As for accommodation do you have anywhere in mind because I am completely lost. Hopefully tomorrow should give me some insight.
How did you decide on Hull for clearing because I am still unsure :/
Reply 3
Original post by tinyRaeesa
snap! I am in the same situation. I'm going to have a look at the chem department tomorrow hopefully it will be a success. As for accommodation do you have anywhere in mind because I am completely lost. Hopefully tomorrow should give me some insight.

I'm going to look at the chem department on wednesday. I'm completely lost for accommodation too I think I'll ring up the uni on monday and ask them about it so it's a little more clear. I chose it because the course looked pretty good and they offered me MChem too, also I've seen the uni before and I like the look of it and the location. Plus the prices in Hull are pretty cheap for a student too :smile:
Reply 4
Hi. I have been accepted on the MChem year in industry chemistry course at hull. It's my insurance choice so i am a bit disappointed. Can anyone reassure me that i won't regret going there?!!

Hi

Congratulations for getting in to Hull Uni!

If you are still hunting for accommodation why not check us out? We still have some rooms left at our site, and its only a few minutes walk from the Uni! We are also accredited by the HullSTARS which is a Hull Union and University group that helps students make the right decision when it comes to their accommodation.

If you would like any more information or to arrange a visit why not email us, or send is a message on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/USLHull
www.universalstudentliving.com/Hull

Hope this helps :smile:

Rachel
Original post by UniversalStudentLiving
Hi

Congratulations for getting in to Hull Uni!

If you are still hunting for accommodation why not check us out? We still have some rooms left at our site, and its only a few minutes walk from the Uni! We are also accredited by the HullSTARS which is a Hull Union and University group that helps students make the right decision when it comes to their accommodation.

If you would like any more information or to arrange a visit why not email us, or send is a message on Facebook.

www.facebook.com/USLHull
www.universalstudentliving.com/Hull

Hope this helps :smile:

Rachel

Hi, In terms of the accommodation you offer do you try to keep freshers together in order to make them more comfortable. I would prefer to stick with freshers in order to fit in better and make new friends as I don't know anyone going to the uni.
Hi, In terms of the accommodation you offer do you try to keep freshers together in order to make them more comfortable. I would prefer to stick with freshers in order to fit in better and make new friends as I don't know anyone going to the uni.

Hi

Yes we always try and put freshers together (unless someone asked for something different) and you can confirm this when you apply by filling in the preference box.
We are filling up pretty quickly and places are going to be limited, so I would recommend you start the booking process soon.

Hope this helps

Rachel
Reply 8

Original post by j.k.23
Hi. I have been accepted on the MChem year in industry chemistry course at hull. It's my insurance choice so i am a bit disappointed. Can anyone reassure me that i won't regret going there?!!

Hey i am going to be going into 2nd year in Bsc chemistry and honestly it has be great, so i would say there is no reason for you to be worried you've made the wrong decision.
There more than likely be quite a few people from clearing just because hull seems to give a bit of lee way on grades so you don't need yo worry you will be the only ones.
The course wise the lectures, are all really helpful and understand that you are a student there are things you wont understand and will need help with, thus having an open door policy, and they are always more than willing to answer emails. Granted some get back to you quicker than others.
What your week will be like:
Monday- 10:15- 3:05 ish with a 1hr break, this is made up on lectures
Tuesday- 9:15- 5 with 1hr break, this is labs day
Wednesday- nothing, but you are encouraged to do extra work on this day, and once you get to 2nd semester it is the best time for group projects to be done
Thursday- 10:15- 3:05 ish with 1hr break, this bother lecture day
Friday- 9:15-11:05 workshop (where you answer questions lectures have set un a massive book they give you) then 11:15-12:05 there is a lecture and 1hr break, then another lecture at 1:15-2:05 (depending on the free elective chosen)
Lectures in general are 50 mins long and i haven't been to one yet that doesn't supply the lecture notes in paper form. Which i can tell you now, it maybe heavy to carry but it means that you can listen more and make better notes.
Hull its self is okay, and i love the campus. Its out of the town centre (if you haven't been before) and is v. Green. Also you lucky people will be going into a newly renovated library and from the bits they had done before i left it looked great.

If there are any other questions just send them through and ill try my best to answer them :smile:
I got into hull and it was my first choice. I'm doing MChem Chemistry with industrial experience.
Also, I'm living in student housing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
We will probably be on the same course then. Just Been allocated Lincoln house in Taylor court.

Quick Reply

Latest