jlf21426
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
i know the boards must be flooded with these posts but i really can't stop worrying about this. i'm an AS student and i just got BBB in psychology, biology and sociology, wanting to study psychology at University of Sheffield (AAB) and similar AAB universities. i worked really hard this year and really believed i would get AAB, and i think i'm capable. i got A in PSYA1 and B in PSYA2, and in biology i got an A in BY2 but a B in BY1 and BY3 (practical/coursework unit.) in sociology i got a B in both units.

the B in PSYA2 was 75/100 UMS, so not too close but not too far off an A, but i really don't feel like it really reflects my abilities or performance, i've been getting As very consistently all year in psychology and my teachers and i both thought i would get an A. as for biology, i'm not sure how close i was because it doesn't say what the ums scores are out of. i know what it is i would have to change and do differently this year with regards to revision techniques; i did a lot of revision but i didn't do nearly enough practice exam questions and past papers. i knew all the information but it was the exam questions themselves that tripped me up.

1) can i pull two of those Bs up to As overall?
2) what should i do regarding resits? is it worth resitting a unit from psych and a unit from bio?
3) can i apply to the University of Sheffield? (at the open day in june, the person leading the psychology talk said that if you're given an AAB offer and just miss it with ABB, they could probably accept you.) is it possible that i could get an AAB offer from sheffield (or anywhere)?

i know a lot of this stuff is up to/will depend on my teachers and what they think is best, but from a general/outsider's perspective, is all hope lost? do i have a shot at an AAB university?
geometrix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's possible to take a B to an A, yes. Good luck!!
jlf21426
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
thanks, i'll need it

does anyone else know if it's reasonable that my teachers would predict me an A in the two subjects that i want to resit, and would that be enough to convince an AAB university to give me an offer?
Dr DaMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jlf21426)
thanks, i'll need it

does anyone else know if it's reasonable that my teachers would predict me an A in the two subjects that i want to resit, and would that be enough to convince an AAB university to give me an offer?
It's more than reasonable to ask for AAB predictions and universities will likely give you an offer, you're not that far off.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (37)
31.62%
No - I have already returned home (14)
11.97%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (25)
21.37%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (8)
6.84%
No - I live at home during term anyway (33)
28.21%

Watched Threads