The Student Room Group

Geology & Earth Sciences 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Imranfr0
jUST GOT AN Offer from UCL!!! I can't believe it!!! OMG, I'm gonna cry (of happiness!!)

Well done! Is it conditional?
Original post by Citipati
Well done! Is it conditional?

yes! ABB, and they want me to attend an applicants day though... Anyway, its an offer yay1!!!
yes! ABB, and they want me to attend an applicants day though... Anyway, its an offer yay1!!!

I was, too, over the moon upon getting the offer- yet, alas- the open day has put me off, but I persume it is upon a preference.

I have Just returned from RHUL, wonderful day, loved the sessions, and I hope interview went well. Last one Leicester, then tucked and done, selecting my offers.
Original post by Citipati
I was, too, over the moon upon getting the offer- yet, alas- the open day has put me off, but I persume it is upon a preference.

I have Just returned from RHUL, wonderful day, loved the sessions, and I hope interview went well. Last one Leicester, then tucked and done, selecting my offers.

OHh! Lol, i hope the open day goes well... I visited RHUL too in December, and it was great. By the way, did they give you pizza for lunch? xD, they love pizza haha. Anyway, good luck with Leicester!
Current Geography student at Uni of Sheffield
- will probably see you if you come to an open day.

Ask me anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey guys has anyone been to southampton yet?
Got an interview tmoz :smile:
Original post by KingPanda
hey guys has anyone been to southampton yet?
Got an interview tmoz :smile:

I think I wrote a bit about it earlier in this thread. They have a timetable on their website as far as I can remember so you can find out what's going on (and when). Basically, once you get to the NOC, you'll have a small talk (depending on whether you're applying for Geology or Geophysics) and then you'll be split into one of two groups, one doing a tour first and the other having their interviews first, and then they swap over. The interview will be with a member of staff - you will wait with everyone else in the atrium and they'll come and get you. I think the interview is about half an hour long. At least in mine, they started off with some general questions, asked me to give my presentation, asked me a few follow-on questions from that presentation and then we discussed some unseen material.

Good luck tomorrow!
Hi guys!

I'm an International student and I applied for Geophysics to following:
Imperial (2 courses- MSci and Msci with a Year Abroad)
Edinburgh
UCL
Liverpool.
My grades are pretty over the requirements, but English is not my first language so I sometimes have plenty of trouble explaining myself -got a 6 in IELTS at speaking and writing, but 8 at reading and 7.5 at listening (I am good instead with understanding it). I applied close to the last day- 14th January- and only received an email from Imperial where they asked for an interview. :excited: I have it this Friday on Skype and I'm super nervous and I don't quite know if I should learn something (I reviewed some elementary physics). Is someone in *almost* the same situation? Could you give me any other tips than 'staying cool' (even though this is a really hard one)? And also..should I worry about not getting any offer till now? I mean, all of you seem to have applied in early October...I'm pretty ashamed and still.. I can't wait to be sure that I'll study geophysics in UK (hopefully in London!) :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by roxyfoxy10
Hi guys!

I'm an International student and I applied for Geophysics to following:
Imperial (2 courses- MSci and Msci with a Year Abroad)
Edinburgh
UCL
Liverpool.
My grades are pretty over the requirements, but English is not my first language so I sometimes have plenty of trouble explaining myself -got a 6 in IELTS at speaking and writing, but 8 at reading and 7.5 at listening (I am good instead with understanding it). I applied close to the last day- 14th January- and only received an email from Imperial where they asked for an interview. :excited: I have it this Friday on Skype with Dr Lorraine Craig and I'm super nervous and I don't quite know if I should learn something (I reviewed some elementary physics). Is someone in *almost* the same situation? Could you give me any other tips than 'staying cool' (even though this is a really hard one)? And also..should I worry about not getting any offer till now? I mean, all of you seem to have applied in early October...I'm pretty ashamed and still.. I can't wait to be sure that I'll study geophysics in UK (hopefully in London!) :biggrin:

where are you from
Original post by Wolftablet
where are you from

Romania :biggrin: it doesn't matter still, right?
Romania :biggrin: it doesn't matter still, right?

No :biggrin: i was just curious. And I don't know about the interview, just don't be nervous because thats unattractive. Be cool.
Original post by Wolftablet
No :biggrin: i was just curious. And I don't know about the interview, just don't be nervous because thats unattractive. Be cool.

Alright, I'll try my best to keep my state of coolness :cool: haha
Reply 592
Alright, I'll try my best to keep my state of coolness :cool: haha

I've had an imperial interview but I'm a home applicant. It was pretty relaxed and they asked generic question like why here, why this course. Some people got chats about personal statement others got a few maths questions. Depends on your interviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gizos
I've had an imperial interview but I'm a home applicant. It was pretty relaxed and they asked generic question like why here, why this course. Some people got chats about personal statement others got a few maths questions. Depends on your interviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you apply for Geophysics or for something else? Did you get an offer? :biggrin:
Reply 594
Yeah I applied for geophysics and I got an offer. Pm if you want to ask anything else I'll see if I can help :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gizos
Yeah I applied for geophysics and I got an offer. Pm if you want to ask anything else I'll see if I can help :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

At the moment, I really hope to do my best at the interview, then hopefully will get an offer and I will have a lot of other questions :biggrin: thank you anyway!
Reply 596
At the moment, I really hope to do my best at the interview, then hopefully will get an offer and I will have a lot of other questions :biggrin: thank you anyway!

Ok good luck when is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OHh! Lol, i hope the open day goes well... I visited RHUL too in December, and it was great. By the way, did they give you pizza for lunch? xD, they love pizza haha. Anyway, good luck with Leicester!

For how long did you have to wait to get a response from RHUL?
Original post by Gizos
Ok good luck when is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tomorrow :eek:
Got an ABB offer at RHUL! Now the picking time! If you were given a choice between UCL, Manchester, Leicester and Royal Holloway what would you pick?

I loved Manchester, but then again- research based, RHUL does some cool work with Quaternary evolution- UCL is professional and prestigious- Leicester cheap but too respected and scoring highly in field of interest. Ahhh!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending