Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed my place for Fashion Graphics What's everyone else studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiriHam)
    I've confirmed my place for computing haven't found anyone else on my course yet though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhrado)
    I've confirmed my place for computing haven't found anyone else on my course yet though
    Ah well done Neither have i Have you done your accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Ah well done Neither have i Have you done your accommodation?
    Don't worry, I'm sure we will meet loads of cool people I am still waiting to hear back from them with a room. I'm hoping they haven't sold out yet :/ how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm sure we will meet loads of cool people I am still waiting to hear back from them with a room. I'm hoping they haven't sold out yet :/ how about you?
    Definitely! I haven't either, do we email them about accommodation or do we wait to hear from them?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! I haven't either, do we email them about accommodation or do we wait to hear from them?
    I'm not sure, they did say it might take until the 18th for them to allocate all the rooms though. Which halls did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, they did say it might take until the 18th for them to allocate all the rooms though. Which halls did you apply for?
    I haven't applied to any yet. Honestly I've been quite confused as to what to do to apply for accommodation. It's fine, I'm going to the open day tomorrow so hopefully I know then.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't applied to any yet. Honestly I've been quite confused as to what to do to apply for accommodation. It's fine, I'm going to the open day tomorrow so hopefully I know then.
    Ahh okay well I would apply for it soon because they do get booked up every year! They should have sent you an email with a number in it and then you register on the Solent website to apply for halls. But yeah I'm sure they will help you tomorrow, I found it a bit confusing tbh :/ I'm going tomorrow too

ReputationRep:
    Ahh okay well I would apply for it soon because they do get booked up every year! They should have sent you an email with a number in it and then you register on the Solent website to apply for halls. But yeah I'm sure they will help you tomorrow, I found it a bit confusing tbh :/ I'm going tomorrow too
    I haven't gotten an email yet... Ah awesome, are you bringing anyone with you?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gotten an email yet... Ah awesome, are you bringing anyone with you?
    I only got mine this morning so don't worry they send it within 24 hours of you confirming your place no, I am from Southampton but don't know anyone who's starting this year (but I know a few who are already there haha) How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I only got mine this morning so don't worry they send it within 24 hours of you confirming your place no, I am from Southampton but don't know anyone who's starting this year (but I know a few who are already there haha) How about you?
    Ah ok that's fine Ah, lucky so it'll be easy for you My mum and sis

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok that's fine Ah, lucky so it'll be easy for you My mum and sis
    Sorry I didn't read your post properly :P I am coming tomorrow with my parents, but I don't know anyone starting at Solent this year :/ but yeah at least I know my way around town have you bought any tickets for freshers events or anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I didn't read your post properly :P I am coming tomorrow with my parents, but I don't know anyone starting at Solent this year :/ but yeah at least I know my way around town have you bought any tickets for freshers events or anything yet?
    Ah ok, well now you know someone Not yet, i'm broke atm

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok, well now you know someone Not yet, i'm broke atm
    Well yes obviously, so hi oh, fair enough :/ did you apply through clearing? I'm worried my student loan won't come through before term starts :P

ReputationRep:
    Well yes obviously, so hi oh, fair enough :/ did you apply through clearing? I'm worried my student loan won't come through before term starts :P

Yep Same, it's so frustrating. I sent an email to them, asking that I didn't want to be means tested and i got an email back saying that they are still waiting for two sponsors :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did too oh dear that does sound annoying :/ I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. I mean most students in the country rely on them and they manage somehow haha :P where are you coming from if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yep Same, it's so frustrating. I sent an email to them, asking that I didn't want to be means tested and i got an email back saying that they are still waiting for two sponsors :confused:

Yeah I did too oh dear that does sound annoying :/ I'm sure it will all work out in the end though. I mean most students in the country rely on them and they manage somehow haha :P where are you coming from if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hope so, even my mum's getting stressed about it Exactly, must be stressful for them. I'm coming from Wallington, South London.

ReputationRep:
    I've confirmed my place for Multimedia Journalism! Looking for other people on my course :p:p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elektratheo)
    I've confirmed my place for Multimedia Journalism! Looking for other people on my course :p:p
    Congrats Haha same here, have you applied for halls?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.