Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I've done a year at uni but have changed my mind and want to re apply to do something else but I'm considering various courses and just wanted to know if anyone knows if I could still do a 4 year course e.g with a year in industry or placement even though I've used a years funding from student finance

    I'm pretty sure you can, unless things have changed since I did that. I did a year of one course, dropped out and changed to another at the same university for the following academic year. Student Finance still funded me. As far as I know, it's only if you go into your second year or higher of your first course that they won't fund you if you decide to switch.

    Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though, anyone!

    Yes, you'll be fine - just make sure you don't have to resit any of your new degree, because then you'll be out of funding!

    The calculation is:

    Number of years of new course (minus) Number of years of previous uni study (plus) 1 year

    That gives you 4-1+1=4 years of SF entitlement remaining
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.