Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    OK so I checked some courses on UCAS which I think of applying for September 2015...
    I have got the 2 grades which they require. For the third grade, would unis accept 2AS subjects related to that third subject they require, whose average equals the grade they want.
    Say if got AS A + AS C and they want B grade overall in one complete subject.
    In general, do unis accept AS combinations for instead of one whole A level....

    In general, I don't think they would. I would still email the university to ask if they would potentially let you. I'd wait until the whole clearing business dies down before emailing though, else it may get lost in their inboxes.

    Probably not..you're better off asking the admissions offices. Some uni's, Warwick for example, allow you to use a high AS grade + three A2s (e.g. AAAa) instead of a lower A2 grade + three other A2s (AAAB), not sure if this applies to you
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:



    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.