The Student Room Group

Can I still get into uni? Worrying so much!

Basically I got my AS results and I got an B in Film studies, a D in Sociology (which I'm going to retake and continue year 2) and a U in Politics, I really hate Politics, and I want to drop it. I spoke to my tutor and he suggested carrying on the other 2 and picking up a new as (most likely Geography or Media as I can't do Biology with only a C in Maths Even though I got an A in GCSE Biology and I worked very hard for that ffs)
I was wondering if I can get into Uni with 2 A-levels and 1 AS at a good grade? I've been so set on going to Uni to study Sociology its all I want to do! I understand I won't get into my dream Uni or Derby as they expect like ABB or AAB, but are there any I could go to? I don't want to do 2 more years of college I hate it there.
Also if I didn't get into any Universities would I possibly be accepted through clearing? I'm working very hard on my personal statement but I can only apply to 5 unis, so I don't want to apply to Derby for example with just hope that I may possibly get in with my personal statement.

Sorry for the long winded response, I'm just worried I don't know what to do right now!?
Reply 1
There's some website out there that show you the easiest unis to get into. Apply to these as many universities allow you in with only 2 A Levels. They may also want other qualifications too though Eg, BTEC or something. Just have a google around. Ask you HE tutor in college too as they may have more info for you. UCAS points will be important, not grades so the more UCAS points you can get the better. General Studies, Critical Thinking, Extended Projects - any of these come up in college then do them, they provide extra UCAS points which are useful.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Quick Reply

Latest