'It's never OK for a man to hit a woman!'

Watch
snowster
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
'It's never OK for a man to hit a woman' is something I hear quite a lot and it makes me sad, not because I suddenly want it to be acceptable to hit women, but because it suggests hitting a man is actually a justifiable thing to do. Why is it okay for anybody to hit anybody? Gender aside, don't hit people.

When would you say hitting someone is actually a justifiable act?
toonervoustotalk
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When they hit you first (an eye for an eye) not SRS

Posted from TSR Mobile
laylarose
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I guess the only situation I can think of is self-defense. I don't understand the whole "omfg you can't hit a woman!11" thing either.
JayJay-C19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by snowster)
'It's never OK for a man to hit a woman' is something I hear quite a lot and it makes me sad, not because I suddenly want it to be acceptable to hit women, but because it suggests hitting a man is actually a justifiable thing to do. Why is it okay for anybody to hit anybody? Gender aside, don't hit people.

When would you say hitting someone is actually a justifiable act?

When you are getting properly attacked. Gender doesn't come into it in that sense. Of course, if it's a woman you should turn it on its head, or a man, and start beating THEM up but just sort of self-defence.
bittr n swt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
When they hit you first (an eye for an eye) not SRS

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm ****ing serious.

I don't care if you're a man or woman or tgender; if you hit me I'll hit you.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
I'm ****ing serious.

Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's understandable if she hit him first.
Mike.Ross
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If she acts like a man then expect to get treated like one.
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
In a situation where the flight in fight or flight has been ruled out, I'd say it's justifiable to hit somebody. However, if an average unarmed man strikes an average unarmed woman, I would say this was excessive, as the man could probably restrain her without having to actually hit her, simply due to physical power differences.
DErasmus
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Live by the word, die by the word.
MidnightDream
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think if someone hits you then you have the right to hit them back, I don't think it's fair that woman can give it to a man and then complain when she gets it back

It's not okay to hit anybody
ML1996
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depends what you hit her with

Nah, its never ok to hit anyone regardless of gender unless they seem intent on physically hurting you then you have the right to defend yourself
Solivagant
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney)
In a situation where the flight in fight or flight has been ruled out, I'd say it's justifiable to hit somebody. However, if an average unarmed man strikes an average unarmed woman, I would say this was excessive, as the man could probably restrain her without having to actually hit her, simply due to physical power differences.
I'd get beaten up easily by most women, I'm a wimp. If in doubt, just run away.
Ndella
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's ok for a man to hit a woman in the context that the woman initiates physical violence on him. In other words, she gets what's coming to her.
Shannonleah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that if she hits you first, you have a right to defend yourself, as long as you don't full out beat her.

Another unfair double standard is the men being able to sleep around without being shamed whilst women are called sluts for it. I don't get that.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Genuine self defence is always justifiable, regardless of the genders of the people involved. If a woman or man attacked me I would be perfectly within my rights to fight back. This isn't a feminist issue in any way.
toonervoustotalk
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you want to be known as the woman beater like Chris Brown. If yes beat the heck out of the woman

Posted from TSR Mobile
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Solivagant)
I'd get beaten up easily by most women, I'm a wimp. If in doubt, just run away.
Which is why I said an average man and average woman, and the part about when flight isn't an option. Obviously if the woman is significantly stronger than the man, then they could restrain the man rather than actually hit him.
SiJ0NES
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's wrong for people to hit anyone. This statement is so sexist - it's also wrong for women to hit men. Men to hit men, women to hit women. However, If a woman hits a bloke then the bloke should hit them back. If you ain't a lady then expect to be treated like a man
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bittr n swt)
I'm ****ing serious.

Attached files
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads