The Student Room Group

Does resitting different subjects for A level affect your uni chances?

Last year i did Maths Chem and Biol and received grades B E E respectively. I chose to resit the whole AS year but changed Chem and Biol to Economics and Psychology.

This year i achieved grades ABC in maths Psychology and economics respectively. The C was 1 ums off of a B, and I will hopefully be predicted an A* A A for A2.

Will my low grades or the fact that i am resitting a year in AS level affect my chances at a good university accepting me (I'm talking Russell Group here!) , or does the fact that i changed my options work in my favor? HELP ME OUT HERE PPLZZ

P.s. I'd like to study economics at university!
I'm in the same situation got BDDE maths French chem phys last year ... This year got ABB Maths, French Law and an A in A2 German. Hopefully predicted AAA or A*AA and want to study law. I have spoken to universities (Russell Group) like Newcastle and some say that the retake shouldn't effect your application as long as you get the grades ... Others like kings say it will effect your application but it won't rule you out completely there is still a chance with a good interview and LNAT (for law)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest