The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
I haven't spoken to you in forever and I just...wanted to say hey soooo hey...:redface: :smile:

Hiya there, how are you? :smile: I've been a bit busy these past few months, but somehow seem to creep back on to TSR every now and then :biggrin:
Original post by IDukem
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $

I know how you feel! I'm a little scared, I feel like I'll be out of my depth there :redface: Although I'm excited to meet people and stuff :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone here know how I can get a pre-paid prescription card thing? Can I just do it online or something or do I need to go and ask my doctor or something? Having just left school I don't get them free any more, but if I don't it'll cost ~£60 a month so definitely needs doing :eek:

:jive:

Original post by ScaryScience
wish i'd given up years ago

:hugs: I'm glad that you haven't.

Original post by hellokittymad
can I hide in here unitl I need to go to the gym? I'm frightened and theirs a lot of noise in my head.. thank you for being so nice xx

Here is a very good place to hide out. :yep: For one there's the company, and also a very high probability of pillow forts.

Original post by Valvopus
Yeah, plus others. Had the sense to place certain newly acquired things with trampoline stuff so they were overlooked :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:teehee:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Edinburgh College, Milton Campus. I'm trying for an HND, which can eventually lead to a degree, so hopefully it'd be good for me. Thanks :smile:

Ah right, don't know anyone who's been there but I bet you'll enjoy it anyway. :biggrin:

Original post by IDukem
22/23 days till Uni...getting nervy in all honesty :O $

:hugs:

Original post by furryface12
Does anyone here know how I can get a pre-paid prescription card thing? Can I just do it online or something or do I need to go and ask my doctor or something? Having just left school I don't get them free any more, but if I don't it'll cost ~£60 a month so definitely needs doing :eek:

Linky. :smile: If you're on a low income though I'd recommend filling out an HC1 form, which could get you free prescriptions. I believe you can buy the prepayment card, and then get it refunded if you subsequently get awarded the HC2 certificate, but I'd double check first.
Original post by hellokittymad
that's a natural feeling (:
you're not alone, I feel the same right now, I go in 18 days
PM me if you want to chat x

I used to relish meeting new people, but the last time I went elsewhere, it didn't go nearly as well as I hoped. I'm hoping it won't be deja vu :redface:
Aww thank you! I'll keep that in mind :h:

Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Hiya there, how are you? :smile: I've been a bit busy these past few months, but somehow seem to creep back on to TSR every now and then :biggrin:

A bit up and and down, but somehow keeping it together at the seems :redface: Same! I get really busy and not go on TSR at all and then out of no where I go on a a massive posting spree :colondollar:

How have you been? :h:

Original post by SassQueen13
I know how you feel! I'm a little scared, I feel like I'll be out of my depth there :redface: Although I'm excited to meet people and stuff :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's scary and exhilarating at the same time. I just hope I'll meet people that I can be me with :redface: I felt alone in my last place of education, I don't want that to happen again this time around :smile:

Original post by superwolf

:hugs:.

Thanks superwolf, have :hugs: back :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Could you wait till 9.00 and ring them? Probably best to make contact at least. :smile:

Okay so, I fell asleep and I didn't go but it was fine, they emailed me just then and gave me a starting time for tomorrow.

ALL IS WELL.

I'm so happy I can get some form of structure back into my life.
Linky. :smile: If you're on a low income though I'd recommend filling out an HC1 form, which could get you free prescriptions. I believe you can buy the prepayment card, and then get it refunded if you subsequently get awarded the HC2 certificate, but I'd double check first.

Thank you! :biggrin: I'm taking a gap year so can't imagine I'd qualify, certainly my dad doesn't as his/the family income isn't low enough, but thanks anyway- I will check! :smile:

Also, that :jive: emoticon is weird and ever so slightly scary :eek:
:hugs: Hate it when that happens!

:hugs: Me too, I always seem to end up having really horrible dreams! :redface:
Original post by IDukem

It's scary and exhilarating at the same time. I just hope I'll meet people that I can be me with :redface: I felt alone in my last place of education, I don't want that to happen again this time around

I know what you mean. I want to be comfortable rather than on edge :redface: I plan to join a lot of societies as I can meet people based on mutual interests there :awesome: Aww Dukey :frown: :hugs: I'm sure people will warm to you quickly; you're a lovely person :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is a very good place to hide out. :yep: For one there's the company, and also a very high probability of pillow forts.

Ah right, don't know anyone who's been there but I bet you'll enjoy it anyway. :biggrin:

She's cute and american and she has pink hair :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SassQueen13

I know what you mean. I want to be comfortable rather than on edge :redface: I plan to join a lot of societies as I can meet people based on mutual interests there :awesome: Aww Dukey :frown: :hugs: I'm sure people will warm to you quickly; you're a lovely person :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm tired of being on edge, I want to be happy and comfortable more often than I am :redface: Ooooo what societies are you thinking? :biggrin: Thanks Sassy, I'd say the same to you, but I'm not a fna of providing understatements :h: :hugs:

Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry to chime in your conversation, but some girls can really rock the pink hair and can make me instantly drawn to them. Not necessarily in a romantic way, but more in general terms. Anyways I'm really happy for you :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SweetNothing
Okay so, I fell asleep and I didn't go but it was fine, they emailed me just then and gave me a starting time for tomorrow.

ALL IS WELL.

I'm so happy I can get some form of structure back into my life.

Yay, good luck for tomorrow!

Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwwww she sounds adorable like a puppy. :love: :tongue:
Sorry to butt in, everyone, but I don't think I can take much more of the constant emotional abuse :frown: does anyone know of a free helpline or something I can call? Really really need to speak to someone right now and I've found my GP useless. Though I'd rather speak to someone in person if possible.

I don't understand how some "family" members are meant to love you but can be so goddamn callous.
Yay, good luck for tomorrow!

Thank you!

Original post by Arsenalforlifee
Sorry to butt in, everyone, but I don't think I can take much more of the constant emotional abuse :frown: does anyone know of a free helpline or something I can call? Really really need to speak to someone right now and I've found my GP useless. Though I'd rather speak to someone in person if possible.

I don't understand how some "family" members are meant to love you but can be so goddamn callous.

You can always ring the samaritans? They might help? But I totally understand about "family problems"
Original post by SweetNothing
You can always ring the samaritans? They might help? But I totally understand about "family problems"

Thanks. Yeah, it's just getting to be too much and I'm scared I might not feel like hanging in there for much longer if the emotional pressure keeps up.

Do you know if the Samaritans helpline is free by any chance from a mobile? Can't use my family landline unfortunately.

Butt in all you like. :tongue:

Sane have a helpline too, although I think it's charged at normal phone rates. :smile:
Thanks. Yeah, it's just getting to be too much and I'm scared I might not feel like hanging in there for much longer if the emotional pressure keeps up.

Do you know if the Samaritans helpline is free by any chance from a mobile? Can't use my family landline unfortunately.

I'm not sure if they're free but you can always email them, thats free?

Butt in all you like. :tongue:

Sane have a helpline too, although I think it's charged at normal phone rates. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I might join the Sane forum actually, that looks quite good.

SweetNothing
I'm not sure if they're free but you can always email them, thats free?

Thanks, I didn't know that - will drop them an email now :smile:
Thanks :smile: I might join the Sane forum actually, that looks quite good.

Thanks, I didn't know that - will drop them an email now :smile:

There is also a text number for samaritans if you want it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
discontinuation syndrome is a *****

Latest